Side projects and skeletons in closet...

what are some interesting unexpected places you've seen members of Rock groups appear, as musicians, producers or writers?

Lars "Dillie" Diedricson (band Don Patrol) - wrote for Eurovision, winning song Charlotte (Take Me to your heaven).  Sadly Lars passed away a few years ago RIP..

Thomas G:son (band Masquerade) - very frequent contributor to Eurovision/Melodifestivalen. Winner with song Euphoria (Loreen).

Anders Wikstrom (band Treat) - several pop/bubblegum credits for bands like A-Teens, ATC, N'Sync

David Paich (band Toto) - co-writing credits on Cheryl Lynn's Disco hit "Got to Be Real"

Steve Lukather (band Toto) - credits on Michael Jackson, Donna Summer releases

Rivers Cuomo (band Weezer) - his credit appears on song Adam Lambert (Pick U Up)

Edited by Invisible_man

Wasn't Max Martin, was known as someone else before change his name?

The Luke has a lot of people he has play for e.g. Paul Mccartney

• 2023 Gold Donors

This is more along the lines of "skeletons in the closet" i guess.  One of the biggest WTF? moments for me was when I was watching an early interview with Professor Brian Cox. They mentioned his early musical career with D:REAM and then my jaw hit the floor when they mentioned his involvement with the Dare album "Blood From Stone". It was especially surprising considering I actually had the CD. When I checked it out, sure enough, there he was in all his permed hair glory.

5 hours ago, Doggy said:

Wasn't Max Martin, was known as someone else before change his name?

The Luke has a lot of people he has play for e.g. Paul Mccartney

Yep, Martin White. When he was the singer in the band It's Alive. His real name is  Karl Martin Sandberg.

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

This is more along the lines of "skeletons in the closet" i guess.  One of the biggest WTF? moments for me was when I was watching an early interview with Professor Brian Cox. They mentioned his early musical career with D:REAM and then my jaw hit the floor when they mentioned his involvement with the Dare album "Blood From Stone". It was especially surprising considering I actually had the CD. When I checked it out, sure enough, there he was in all his permed hair glory.

Suprising indeed. I know D:REAM and this is very interesting.

And speaking of 'skeletons in the closet', the aforementioned Max Martin was singing hard rock in It's Alive back in the day. Now he has made himself huge on the pop/disco scene as a songwriter/producer.

Edited by Stefan

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...