Watches

simo

Any watch enthusiasts in the Heavy Harmonies community? I recently started getting into horology, reading about it and watching videos on Youtube. Very fascinating subject, I don't own many pieces (yet), except for the occasional quartz watch I had as a kid or would receive as a gift but not really been a ''watch guy'' per se.

The only automatic / mechanical I own is a one-handed 24hr watch from a Swiss brand called Slow which I got two years ago. Reading about Seiko and their history and different models got my interest piqued again so I bought my younger brother an SKX009 which I will give to him as a gift when he passes his drivers test in a couple months.

I stumbled across this one a few days ago which looks really interesting and I've been thinking about maybe getting, the Seiko Alpinist (don't know how to post pictures, somehow didn't work with the URL but I think it looks nice with a steel bracelet).

What about you guys, any watch collectors who'd like to share their knowledge or opinion? 

I can't say I'm an enthusiast but I never leave home without my watch...these days people don't bother because they have their cell phone for time...I'm one of the rare people who doesn't have a cell phone as I can't stand the damn things.....my watch is a Citizen Ecodrive that I love as I do not have to change the battery every 12 months....

6 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I can't say I'm an enthusiast but I never leave home without my watch...these days people don't bother because they have their cell phone for time...I'm one of the rare people who doesn't have a cell phone as I can't stand the damn things.....my watch is a Citizen Ecodrive that I love as I do not have to change the battery every 12 months....

Citizen is a name that comes up a lot and is regarded as a respectable brand that offers great value at a reasonable price. Will need to look into the name a little further thanks