Secrets S/T

Gotthardline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/8/2018 at 11:02 PM, Gotthardline said:

this is a great album , probably their best yet

this is probably my favourite song of 2018 so far

That video's not available for me... curious which song it was?

My favourite is this one... huge song with a power within - so good. But like you say, this album is great. Really excellent, and as I listen to it tonight there's a big bunch of songs that get better with every listen.

47 minutes ago, Geoff said:

That video's not available for me... curious which song it was?

My favourite is this one... huge song with a power within - so good. But like you say, this album is great. Really excellent, and as I listen to it tonight there's a big bunch of songs that get better with every listen.

Not sure what happened to that original video I posted but it was indeed fourteen ,  monster song

Although there are 4 or 5 songs of near enough the same quality as you say

One of my highest played albums this year 

• 4 months later...

Saw these guys today. Couple of odd things. One, I've never seen a rock/metal band play a set without a bass player... but they did, and made no mention of it either. Oddly enough, watching the above video, the bass player was on the stage... but playing a second guitar. And the guitarist in the clip was not with the band today. Not sure if he's departed or something else. Either way, they were a four-piece without a bass guitarist. 

Second and very disappointing thing for me what that they didn't play a single song off the latest album. Not even one. :(  The setlist seemed to be 90% 'Fragile Futures' which is a very nice album... but jeezus wept I wanted to hear a bunch of songs from a top 10 finisher for me in 2018. :(

Anyway, had to feel for the guys playing to a room of about 30-40 people. And they played hard too... just without a bass player and songs from the s/t album. 

9 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Saw these guys today. Couple of odd things. One, I've never seen a rock/metal band play a set without a bass player... but they did, and made no mention of it either. Oddly enough, watching the above video, the bass player was on the stage... but playing a second guitar. And the guitarist in the clip was not with the band today. Not sure if he's departed or something else. Either way, they were a four-piece without a bass guitarist. 

Second and very disappointing thing for me what that they didn't play a single song off the latest album. Not even one. :(  The setlist seemed to be 90% 'Fragile Futures' which is a very nice album... but jeezus wept I wanted to hear a bunch of songs from a top 10 finisher for me in 2018. :(

Anyway, had to feel for the guys playing to a room of about 30-40 people. And they played hard too... just without a bass player and songs from the s/t album. 

lol, what a dickhead. Just looked at the banners for the tour and it's actually the 'Fragile Futures' Anniversary Tour, lol. Guess that explains it... 

On 2/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, Geoff said:

lol, what a dickhead. Just looked at the banners for the tour and it's actually the 'Fragile Futures' Anniversary Tour, lol. Guess that explains it... 

:lol:

8 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

Fragile futures was a great album but I think I prefer the newest one 

It is great... but for me the new one is definitely their finest moment. Huge album. 

On 9/3/2018 at 11:32 PM, Geoff said:

This one is absolutely killer too;

Haha... I was just about to re-post this. I know I spent most of 2018 going on about 'Fourteen' but slap my balls if this one hasn't snuck up on me to be pretty much just as good. I absolutely can't get this out of my head. Absolute monster song and I don't know how any self-respecting hard rock can avoid the gigantic "gang vocals" and overall awesomeness. ;)

And not far behind, I see there is now an official video for this awesome song too;

I think in the fullness of time this album will probably creep into my top 5 of 2018... rather than the 10 where it currently sits. I really love every song on it. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha... I was just about to re-post this. I know I spent most of 2018 going on about 'Fourteen' but slap my balls if this one hasn't snuck up on me to be pretty much just as good. I absolutely can't get this out of my head. Absolute monster song and I don't know how any self-respecting hard rock can avoid the gigantic "gang vocals" and overall awesomeness. ;)

And not far behind, I see there is now an official video for this awesome song too;

I think in the fullness of time this album will probably creep into my top 5 of 2018... rather than the 10 where it currently sits. I really love every song on it. 

This would be my next favourite song after Fourteen I think

But the whole album from start to finish is pretty awesome as you say

Yeah that one's really nice too. As I listened to their discography repeatedly in the lead-up to seeing them live, I must admit I preferred previous balladic numbers from them. I like this song, but on this album I prefer the bigger moments a bit more. ;)