Bands with only one good album

CureTheSane

What bands had only one stand out album?
ie: they had at least 2 albums, but the others were shit and there was one diamond.

For me it's Loud & Clear - Discconnected.
I've tried really hard to listen to other material but it just doesn't come close.

What other bands had only one killer CD?

Loud And Clear only had two albums didn't they?

Even so, I kinda disagree. The debut album was "good", Disconnected was awesome.

Beyond that, if they had any other albums (unless you count Rock Sugar which is a different band),  it is news to me.

Yeah, just edited my post, I meant to type 2 not 3.

What I'm hoping to find here is another Discconnected. A killer album that i have missed.

Another one might be Haywire - Get Off.
Never been able to really dig the other albums.
Also Michael Sweet - S/T

Well the obvious two for me are Wildside and Sven Gali, two bands that I actually bought the debut albums together and loved, then years later picked up the second albums at the same time and thought "WTF?"

The debut albums for both bands are awesome. The second albums are pony.

Wildside's did have a couple of semi decent songs on it, but Sven Gali's was devoid of any merit.

As for Wildside's third album, that was a mix of unreleased tracks from both previous albums, so was patchy.

26 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Well the obvious two for me are Wildside and Sven Gali, two bands that I actually bought the debut albums together and loved, then years later picked up the second albums at the same time and thought "WTF?"

The debut albums for both bands are awesome. The second albums are pony.

Wildside's did have a couple of semi decent songs on it, but Sven Gali's was devoid of any merit.

As for Wildside's third album, that was a mix of unreleased tracks from both previous albums, so was patchy.

Good choices, those two would be at the top of my list also.  Another band that comes to mind for me is Sic Vikki whose debut I enjoyed, but they changed their style for their follow up and it was nowhere near as good.   SImilar to Wildside, Sic Vikki put out a third album with unreleased tracks, some of which were solid tunes, but it didn't match the consistent quality of the debut.