Dogface - ReLeashed

Stefan

dogface-releashed.jpg

This is getting the remaster treatment. This was one of my favourite releases on the great MTM label.

Press release:

MelodicRock Records is very pleased to be giving one of the best melodic hard rock albums of the 2000s another run, releasing a brand-new version of the classic DOGFACE debut Unleashed on January 22. This time it’s called ReLeashed, because this is a turbo-charged record – remastered and remixed!

Band founder, guitarist, writer and producer MARTIN KRONLUND has gone back over the album and given it a fresh new mix from original master files, as well as adding some fresh parts and even a new twist or two!

Featuring the masterful Mats Leven on vocals, who delivers one of his most powerful and menacing performances alongside Stefan Egeman on bass; Anders Skoog on Hammond Organ and Patrik Engelbrektsson on drums. Thin Lizzy guitarist Brian Robertson guests with additional lead guitar on 3 tracks.

And we’re not done there. ReLeashed also adds two exclusive bonus tracks:

- A Little Ain’t Enough (originally recorded for a 3rd Dogface MTM Music release)

- Pray For Me (from the debut recording sessions, reserved to be a Japanese bonus track)

Over to Martin for comment: “The main reason why we do this is the enthusiasm and encouragement from Andrew and Melodic Rock Records. Without them, we would not have done this. When we started and opened up the project, we realized that we haven’t heard the record for more than 10 years. It was a passing stage, but it raised many nostalgic feelings. Dogface Unleashed was our first album and is like a baby to us. Fortunately, we found the main tracks on a backup hard disk and took it into my studio where everything came alive again. It was there and then we decided not only to remaster, but to remix the whole album. It has been a fantastic project that brought the original band back together, and we realized we still have a lot in common, musically and when it comes to friendship that we really have missed. This can be something to build on for the future - who knows! Many thanks to Andrew and the team at MelodicRock Records that you believe in the music of Dogface!”

We do believe indeed!

Dogface ‘ReLeashed’ features the following track listing:

01. Right Between Your Lies

02. Don't

03. I Don't Care

04. I Will Be There

05. A Single Reason

06. Rule the Night

07. You're Taken Me Down

08. Let It Out 09. Spit It Out

10. Set Me Free

11. Suicide

12. A Little Ain’t Enough (bonus Track)

13. Pray For Me (bonus track)

Pre-orders available next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
29 minutes ago, Stefan said:

NICE.

One of my favorite tracks. I'm with Dead Planet. I didn't think the album needed a remaster. This is a great song and they certainly haven't wrecked it by any means, but I still prefer the original at the moment. I guess it's what I'm used to hearing. This version might eventually grow on me.

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

One of my favorite tracks. I'm with Dead Planet. I didn't think the album needed a remaster. This is a great song and they certainly haven't wrecked it by any means, but I still prefer the original at the moment. I guess it's what I'm used to hearing. This version might eventually grow on me.

I think the new mix is pretty good. Here's the original in comparison.