Jump to content

Awaken I am - Blind Love


Gotthardline
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2017 at 10:38 PM, Geoff said:

Yum. That sounds very nice. I will follow this one up. Thanks for the tip. 

I'm annoyed I got sidetracked and didn't follow this up before the end of 2017. Shame, as I usually do. But I'm really digging this album. As noted, that 'Red win, regret' song is something a bit special... probably will end up one of my faves of 2017 in a short while. But overall, it's just a really fine album. Awesome recommendation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'm annoyed I got sidetracked and didn't follow this up before the end of 2017. Shame, as I usually do. But I'm really digging this album. As noted, that 'Red win, regret' song is something a bit special... probably will end up one of my faves of 2017 in a short while. But overall, it's just a really fine album. Awesome recommendation. 

Yep I love it , probably edges Ghost Atlas as my favourite "Modern" album of the year

Their debut from a few years back has a slightly more Post hardcore sound but is another goodun , especially this gem of a song

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not bad. Kinda dig that. Maybe not quite as effective as the stuff with the last guy, but nice. I agree the previous guy had a great voice. Not that this guy's bad... sounds real familiar, actually. 

Holy shit, I just found out these guys are actually Aussie. Instantly checked out any upcoming dates and noticed they're playing somewhere accessible by me these days, with Escape The Fate... on my wife's birthday. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Geoff said:

Not bad. Kinda dig that. Maybe not quite as effective as the stuff with the last guy, but nice. I agree the previous guy had a great voice. Not that this guy's bad... sounds real familiar, actually. 

Holy shit, I just found out these guys are actually Aussie. Instantly checked out any upcoming dates and noticed they're playing somewhere accessible by me these days, with Escape The Fate... on my wife's birthday. :(

Did you check out the first full length album from these guys mate? really good stuff imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Gotthardline said:

Did you check out the first full length album from these guys mate? really good stuff imo

I did indeed. Very solid stuff. Not completely off the charts for me, lol, but good stuff. They're definitely a nice sounding band. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

I believe every now and then that great songs need to be bumped so that the people who missed them the first time around can get on board. This is a very fine album and this is a superb song;

 

Holy shit... just did a quick Google search on where the band is at these days and I noticed their guitarist died more or less on the days of the last posts in this thread. 22 years old in a car accident with a car on wrong side of the road. How sad. R.I.P. 

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/awaken-i-am-guitarist-connor-verner-oakle-has-died/

They do seem to promise new music in 2019, which is good, and they are on tour with Secrets in Australia at the moment, which I must check out. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Yeah, kind of with you on this one. I also saw them live and they were good, but definitely did not play the better songs - imo - from 'Blind Love' and the new stuff doesn't have quite the same vibe of that great album. I'll still check it out for sure, but yeah, it's quite a different band now compared to the guys who released 'Blind Love.' 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

In context, I think 'Kin' and 'Stages of Grief' are the two most powerful songs of 2019 so far. Not to mention they're fucking amazing songs too. 

I agree - absolutely love this EP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.