JAM Project

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

I'm watching this anime series called One Punch Man. I don't know if any of you are into anime, but, if you are, you need to watch this show. Anyway, the opening theme blew me away when I first heard it. It's done by a group called JAM Project. Apparently JAM stands for Japan Animationsong Makers, so they're just a supergroup that does songs for anime. So far, this is the only track of theirs I've heard, and it has a cool Wig Wam vibe. The main guy is a dead ringer for Age Sten Nilsen.

Oh, and do I need to say that it's not in English? So all you xenoglossophobes stay away.

I would love to hear more songs in this vibe.

I would normally love this type of stuff but not liking the song much at all. Big stretch imo to say he's a dead ringer for Age but its cool you're digging it!

• My Little Pony

Big stretch imo to say he's a dead ringer for Age

Yeah, you're probably right, but that scream at the end is totally Age.

Thats some fine Jap metal. There is tons out there and Uncle Saxon is a massive geek on this stuff, even more than me.

The thing I dislike most when I am scrounging is I cant ever tell what is going to be like this half the time from the packaging...

• My Little Pony

The thing I dislike most when I am scrounging is I cant ever tell what is going to be like this half the time from the packaging...

Truu. Japanese marketing is night and day compared to the Western world.

Truu. Japanese marketing is night and day compared to the Western world.

True. I sit and squint at liner notes hoping amongst the scribbling that a name will appear I recognize as a great guitarist or singer or???

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• His music videos are always good: either very silly, or very sexy. So I've got this queued up on the PC. Looking forward to it. 
    • New single "The Animal" dropped today, not bad at all:    
    • I dig the new tune!  Honestly, might be my favorite yet from these guys. I like that this kind of gets away from the  Bon Jovi Country vibe they sometimes had on the debut.  For me, this has a fresh, big sound to it.   Will have the new one on my radar.
    • 3rd single... Love It   
    • New video for 'Dance'.    
    • Vandenberg - Sin Chicago - The Chicago Story (2 CD) Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What? (Expanded) The Allman Betts Band - Down to the River Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out (Remaster) Buckingham & McVie - S/T Michael Hutchence - S/T Roxy Music - Stranded (Remaster) Echo & the Bunnymen - Reverberation  Echo & the Bunnymen - Evergreen (Expanded)
    • After releasing two albums with AOR/Melodic Rock band Streets, ”1st” (1983) and ”Crimes In Mind” (1985), lead singer and keyboardist Steve Walsh returned to Kansas, to revive the band along with original members Phil Ehart (drums) and Rich Williams (Guitar). Furthermore, the lineup was completed by the addition of bassist Billy Greer (from Streets) and young, promising, former Dixie Dregs guitar man Steve Morse, who also contributed with composing skills and backing vocals. Eventually, the group’s ”Power” album was released in November of 1986, rather much to the vintage Kansas and Prog Rock purists dismissal, as I recall it. The heavier sound/direction and absence of violinist Robby Steinhardt, songwriter/keyboardist/guitarist Kerry Livgren and bassist Dave Hope were all contributing factors to the disapproval, it seems. However, mentioned ”Power” should perhaps instead be judged on its own merits, as it is what it is. Put out in a time when commercial Melodic Hardrock was very much in fashion, with FM rock radio and MTV as ever the important ingredients of daily life. In the end, the album actually landed at a respectable No. 35 on the Billboard chart, while the single/ballad ”All I Wanted” eventually rose to an even more impressive No. 19. Review by Thomas McFapperson 2024.        
    • They have a real knack for writing (and producing!) songs that could be featured in '80s coming of age films and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. Really putting the retro in retrowave 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.