Excited!

Sick_Of_It_All

A couple years ago a friend turned me onto a band called Habit Of Force that's metal similar to Pantera & Hell Yeah combined but in my opinion kicks both their asses ten fold. Since then I've become more of an expert on them than him because he's an internet illiterate & I have no life so I spend a lot of time searching lol. This band is very unique because they make available all of their music as a free download on their site BUT they remove older stuff as they do. I have found a couple of their EPs that are on disc on Amazon as time progressed. And also their latest compilation on CD Baby. BUT I have never been able to find their first album "Submission Denied" or their newest album (self titled) "Habit Of Force" on CD. Only as free downloads. Over the last year or so I have emailed them about CDs of those albums & got no satisfactory reply. So... tonight I messaged them on facebook & asked what gives. Are those albums actually even on CD. Within an hour one of them replied & asked for my mailing address. I was ecstatic! But I didn't want to get my hopes up too high (thinking that meant they were mailing me copies). Then an hour later I not only got a confirmation that they were mailing me a copy of each album on CD but they thanked me for my diligent effort of spreading the word of their band, acknowledging that I have been trying to pass the word about them everywhere. So if you like thrashy metal similar to what Pantera was but with more drive & real vocals look them up. If you like them please support them :)

• 2 weeks later...

cool package!

Yes. Thanks. I was so shocked. I tried to get them to let me reimburse them for at least the shipping. They wouldn't have it. Class act for sure!

I love stories like this as I harass and talk up bands all the time and have been treated very kindly by many who I have befriended.

Whats under the drum head? A t-shirt, some stickers and a couple a buttons.

Again, great story and it just goes to show that a few good words about your favorite bands goes along way to getting them some well deserved attention and of course that there are a good number of musicians that are really grateful for said attention.

Thanks for sharing both the story and the band!