St Prostitute - Glorified

PeterS

I've given this a few spins now and I'm deeply disappointed.

Average, very average. To the point of forgettable, so far.

Loved the first album but there are none of those hooks that grab you and shake you they had on the first album.

• 2 weeks later...

Given this a few spins. I have to say, I don't think the hooks are the biggest problem (a problem, yes, but not the biggest). There's some cool stuff here, like 'Red Car,' with good strong hooks.

I tell you the thing that misses the mark for me with these guys on this CD. Two things, actually. It's a combination of the poor lead vocals, and the vibe. I just don't like the vibe on the album at all. I think I had the same initial issue with the debut, but I guess the songs overcame all that in the end. Not sure if the songs are strong enough this time around...

I tend to agree with Geoff, but every time I listen it grows on me.

More subdued than the last one, but I'd call it a good album.

It is the type of album that would grow on you... as I said, like I think the debut did. The songs are pretty good... it's just getting on top of those vocals and vibe for me. There's nothing that makes an album less appealing to replay than a bad vibe, though.