James Horner dead at 61

Dark

James is my favourite film composer. He crashed his plane yesterday. A good music score can make a really good film an absolute classic and James managed that a few times. A sad loss to music and film :(

That's a bummer. Like many Hollywood biggies he got his start working in Roger Corman's B-Movie factory, scoring films like "Up From the Depths" and "Humanoids From the Deep."

His theme music for Corman's 1980 "Star Wars" knock-off "Battle Beyond the Stars" still gets stuck in my head occasionally to this day. Probably cuz Roger recycled it into at least two other movies that I know of, so I heard it a lot. :rofl:

That's a bummer. Like many Hollywood biggies he got his start working in Roger Corman's B-Movie factory, scoring films like "Up From the Depths" and "Humanoids From the Deep."

His theme music for Corman's 1980 "Star Wars" knock-off "Battle Beyond the Stars" still gets stuck in my head occasionally to this day. Probably cuz Roger recycled it into at least two other movies that I know of, so I heard it a lot. :rofl:

That is one of my all time fav films! loved it when i was a kid and i've not seen it in a long long time. I've not been able to find it on DVD in my region. I'd love to find a BluRay of it