Guest jarebearFTW

Hello!

We are a Christian hard-rock band that is just getting started. Currently we are having a hard time agreeing on a name!

The music we play is very close in sound to Skillet's heavier material! How ever, we are a female fronted band. Our sound is also comparable to that of bands like Fireflight, Thousand Foot Krutch or Flyleaf!

The names we are looking at right now are:

- "Son Reigning"

- "Unchained"

- "Shadow of Thy Wings"

- "Carbonide"

For a Christian band of our musical style of hard-rock / Metal, which of these names would be the best?

We would love to hear your thoughts on this question! We truly appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

I hate to be "that guy" but since you asked...these were my initial impressions of each...

- "Son Reigning"

Seriously?? That's just... yuck.

- "Shadow of Thy Wings"

For Christian rock... nope. Sounds more like a bad Scandinavian black metal band.

"Carbonide"

Is that even a real word?

"Unchained"

If you were a Van Halen cover band, this might work. Otherwise, no.

HEAVEN UNCHAINED sounds better.

None of those names work for me...I guess it comes down to whether you want people to know right away from your name that you are a Christian band...if so then something like Heaven Unchained works...if not which seems to be the direction newer Christian bands are going then just about anything will work that has meaning to you...

For a FF band, Son Reigning sounds too masculine. I always liked the idea of Land of the Risen Son.

Unfortunately, I'm with the boys, and am not a fan of those choices. How about Unfettered? It means the same thing as Unchained - fetters being shackles around one's ankles - and it sounds more appropriate for a FF group.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Loved their first album. Really disappointed by the second.  After 2 or 3 spins I'd say this one's a lot better than the last. 
    • Looking forward to this one   1. I Salute You 2. Arianne 3. Night Drive 4. Chariot Of Fire 5. Bring On The Rain 6. Love Is A Beautiful Lie 7. Ticking Away 8. Battle Ground 9. Candle In The Window 10. Rock In The City Vinyl and CD pre-orders announced soon. 
    • I was only reacting to the statement 'I'd rather have the virus and the economy recover'  be careful what you wish is all. over and out. see ya 
    • Just to explain how good we have it here in Australia. Our total cases since the beginninga re around 10,000 Yesterday, the USA had over 60,000 new cases. that's 6 times our total since it began. What right to we have to complain. Like I said before, the US is fucked with this, and I don't mean that in a nasty way, I mean that in feeling sorry for how rampant it is there. :(
    • Jeez you love the drama, mate.  Yes, the disease will have long-term effects on some - a very small minority of all those who contract it. It may also come out in the fullness of time that Measles, the Flu, Conjunctivitis etc... whatever... that any range of diseases would also have caused long term side-effects to these same people if they'd contracted some other form of disease.  But, for the overwhelming, vast majority of people, these side effects you want to panic the whole world with will likely not exist.  I really don't get your fondness for these wild blanket statements you make.  The other thing I keep thinking about this thing is that for every diagnosed case of COVID-19 there are probably double the amount of people that may have also had it and not even known it, or not had it diagnosed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the virus is a great thing and sign me up - I want a copy. Just saying your thirst for drama is real. 
    • A great track from the new E19 album. Their fourth. These guys are always sensational value. Very underrated.     
    • Not great (and not bad) but I'll anticipate the rest of the album is better. I think I liked the last one too. 
    • I know nothing about this but sounds like extreme intelligence in motion again. I believe later this week the colour white will be removed from colour charts around the world?  I personally feel strongly that reading, writing and all forms of speech should be banned so as not to cause offence to anyone.
    • Irresistable - Steve Carrell is in this, so an instant watch for me. Was only ok though. Enjoyable enough, wouldn't go out of my way to see it again. Becky - only issue is that her age in this movie is 13, which is too young for what she does. Kevin James plays a white supremasist in this, so it's been removed from Netflix, which is kinda stupid. He is actually really good in it. Survive The Night - Bruce Willis, so I gave it a go. Rent-a-script. Seen it 100 times before.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.