Glitzy Glow - s/t

Stefan

10292137_10152348059855552_4475524747487

Glitzy Glow releases their debut album in August, new single 'Strike The Right Note' out now.

From independentearproductions.com:

Glitzy Glow started in 2006 by vocalist Julia and bassist Johnny Roxxy. The band have been a part of the start of the New Wave Of Swedish Sleaze scene with friends from recording artists like Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Crucified Barbara, Sister, Hardcore Superstar, Loud N’ Nasty, XXX, Chris Laney, Bai Bang, Gemini Five, Innocent Rosie and Bonafied.

In 2010 Glitzy Glow released their debut EP Welcome To This Glow, the later was digital distributed through Max Music Scandinavia and Phonophile to Amazon, iTunes and Spotify. The EP was recorded and produced by Magnus Sedenberg (Spawn Of Possession, The Bones, Crucified Barbara, Visceral Bleeding, Bullet) 

The song Black And Sunny Day was featured in a sample CD that came with Powerplay Magazine Issue 99, with bands like Kill Hannah, M.ILL.ION, Power Quest, Headhunter, Firewind.

Glitzy Glow also participated in a CD Cats N’ Claws from the UK metal magazine Fireworks Magazine together with artists like Tarja from Nightwish, Imperia, Xandria, Barbe-q-barbies and Vice Squad.

In 2011 Glitzy Glow signed a sponsor contract with the beverage company Goodnight Drink for one year with Glitzy Glow releasing their song Black And Sunny Day for the video game Rock Band 3 on X-Box 360 through Rockband Network worldwide. During this year of sponsorship Glitzy Glow past 100 000 fans on Facebook (today’s date the 19th of february 2014 the number of fans on Facebook are 129 219).

Glitzy Glow have played at venues together with swedish recording artists like Mustasch, Innocent Rosie and Plector and have headlined at a dozen venues.

Their upcoming full length album that we are offering you consists of 12 tracks and they have been recorded in the top of the line recording studio Pama Studio (Hammerfall, Snowy Shaw, Spawn Of Possession, Bullet). 

The album contains 12 vivid, vibrating songs that all are permeated by Glitzy Glow’s unique and swedish sound.

Glitzy Glow’s four members are bassist Johnny Roxxy, 36, vocalist Julia, 37, guitarist Wingz, 28, and drummer Daniel Jackzin, 36. They are hardworking artists with high ambitions and professionalism.

http://www.glitzyglow.com/

https://www.facebook.com/glitzyglow/timeline

Some older stuff:

• 3 weeks later...

So I am currently enjoying this release.

Lots of great musicianship, sleezy swagger, tons of hooks and just damn quality sleeze/hard rock.

And obviously Julia is easy on the eyes!

Ah which one is Julia?

Not a fan of these guys. I had a listen to all those tunes and I find them pretty dull. Musically they're not bad but the vocals are terrible and don't fit this band at all.

• 1 month later...

Debut selftitled album out now.

d5904424e82772e4dfefbcffce48ce609ec420ee

Tracks :

Now Is Never Later

Strike The Right Note

Black And Sunny Day

Welcome To This Glow

Dragonfly

Leopards Goin Wild

Evening Faces

Make Me Feel

Running For Love

Cold Cold Heart

Misfits

Rebel

Listen to the whole album here: http://www.reverbnation.com/glitzyglow/songs

• 1 month later...

Not a fan of these guys. I had a listen to all those tunes and I find them pretty dull. Musically they're not bad but the vocals are terrible and don't fit this band at all.

Yeah, pretty much agree with this. Musically, it's actually pretty damn good. But the raw production and bad vocals kind of ruin the positives. Can't say I'll bother to check this out.