Age of Days - Radioactivity

tts42572

I apologize if this is the wrong forum...But these guys seem to fit in the rock category in my opinion...

I just got wind of this band recently and was surprised I've never heard of them before as they've apparently been around for a bit and recently underwent a name change, members change and changed label/management. I picked up the Radioactivity album (2013 released) after hearing a couple tunes on You Tube that I liked. I just wanted something different to listen to as I've pretty much been listening to H.e.a.t's Tearing Down the Walls nonstop since it came out.....Generally, I'm more of an AOR/Melodic rock/80's hair band type of guy which is why I frequent this forum....

Anyways, I've found myself taking a liking to this album. It may not be the most original thing in the world...But I'm liking it just the same. I'd say they're some sort of combination of Nickelback/Hinder/Three Days Grace. The album was produced by Brian Howes...a guy who I believe was involved with Hinder's first two albums (which I also enjoyed) and has also worked with Nickelback and Daughtry.

Overall, I think the production is very good and this doesn't feel like something that was just tossed together....lots of hooks, riffs and it just sounds good cranked in the car. Again...Not really groundbreaking by any means, but I really don't care if something sounds good. And honestly, I don't listen to much of this type of modern rock so it sounds fairly fresh to me and not overdone. Overall, I've just found myself digging this album pretty much from top to bottom. Just thought somebody might like to check these guys out if you've never heard of them. I've tried to add links to a couple videos...

Bombs Away:

Broken:

Did It For Love:

I thought the production was awful. This one's a gruesome casualty of the loudness war with every track pegged to the max and sounding completely flat and lifeless. It's a shame because the music was good, but I find it difficult to listen to.

I guess I don't have keen ears...I really don't hear that. Maybe it just sounds better on my CD player or something....

Or perhaps my ears aren't that tuned in...which could very well be. I am married after all and have gotten pretty good at only hearing what I want to hear :)

I've heard a few people also say they don't like the mix on H.e.a.t's Tearing Down The Walls album as well with similar comments that it's recorded too loud and is muddy....I just don't hear it....Sounds awesome to me...

Maybe I'd never make it as a sound engineer :)

I thought the production was awful. This one's a gruesome casualty of the loudness war with every track pegged to the max and sounding completely flat and lifeless. It's a shame because the music was good, but I find it difficult to listen to.

I liked this one. Good consistent band without being the top of their class. Of this latest disc I thought 'Did it for love' kicked buttocks.

I agree on both counts. It seems to be super loud so it kind of distorts in places. Not bad though. And yes this album kicks serious ass. Very recommended.