Framing Hanley - Sum Of Who We Are

Stefan

FramingHanley1_0.jpg

From Rockrevoltmagazine.com by Alice, RockRevolt Magazine Co-Founder and Managing Editor

Framing Hanley is bringing it. Oh yes! They certainly are! I’m not quite sure the best way of describing what “it” is, but they are bringing it, and they are bringing LOTS of it. However you care to define that copious amount of “it,” I can certainly tell you at least one thing about it: it’s good!

It feels new. It feels old. It’s comfortable. It touches you. It changes you. Now, Framing Hanley aren’t reinventing the wheel with this latest, but they aren’t putting out the same old crap that every other band is serving up and trying to feed us either. Framing Hanley brings the talent, the passion, and The Sum of Who We Are is the gift of the fusion of those elements.

Right at the moment when you think to yourself, “I just heard this on the radio last week,” BAM! The songs change up, and becomes fresh and completely new. Each song on this album is like a journey, where the path is never circular, and you never see the same scenery twice (albeit similar).

Framing Hanley comes out with their guns blazing with “Criminal,” and we get to whet our appetites with the flavors of what Framing Hanley is capable of. The tintinnabulation lacing the chorus contrasts with the lyrics and the altering tempos exalt the anthemic nature of the varied refrains. “Twisted Halo” bursts into formation, depicting the ever present variation and diversity which reigns in this album. The stanzas drive into refrains whilst swapping time signatures – moving back and forth, again accentuating dichotomies as the lyrics imply: “Heaven Sent and Halos Twisted.”

A solo guitar introduces 'Collide', a driving rhythm unfolding into the vocals that carry into the chorus, “I got where I want you now,” whilst once again toying with times and tempos. The song slides into and out of different layers and production effects; modern twists and electronic pops abound, all which enhance the framework. Nixon showcases vocal command, the occasional glissando and lyrical emotiveness.
We find the first and only “harsh” song of the album with 'Crooked Smiles'. Introducing a screamed vocal paired with a commercially palatable beat that will cause repletion amongst casual listeners, it provides an edge that makes it stand apart from other songs in this collection, yet remaining faithful to the Framing Hanley style. “Simple Life” arrives with a surprising electronic intro, an anthemic syrupy opener that drives into a neat groove. The heavier electronic effects are complimented by a modern flare, allowing the guitar solo to be more prominent in this song than on any other.

https://www.facebook.com/FramingHanley

http://framinghanley.net/

tumblr_n6de0uis6X1qan7fdo1_500.jpg

0654436035626.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely love these guys but was not aware they'd released a new disc. I will check the shit out of this asap.