Vitne-Neon

martinsane

Nice piece of work here from Vitne. The USB release is an interesting and pretty dang cool release idea. I have one and its the cats meow. My review for Sleazeroxx, SOM and the world below...

Vitne-Neon
Released 12-3-13
Mixed by Matthew Sean Reynolds
Mastered at Tokyo CD Center by Takanori Yamaguchi

Vocals: VITNE
Lead Guitar: Julian Angel
Keyboards: Sean Emmel
Drums: Phil Robertson
NEONthumbnail.jpg
USB_512mb.png
1. I/O
2. Destroyer
3. Nasty Habit
4. Silhouette (Album Version)
5. Royal Nights
6. Lick You Up
7. To The Sky
8. I'm Feeling Deadly
9. Cruisin'
10. Rest in Peace
USB Bonus Tracks:
---------------
11. Fire (Outtake)
12. It's Me (Outtake)
Review: Vitne-Neon.
Once upon a time or it could of been two, there was a young man not only driven by, but fueling his inner rock star flame with an array of hard rock/hair metal anthems of the 80's ilk that would please, influence and ruin many a young man prior to and long after him. Vitne was honing his craft preparing for the leap. The one we all want to take, but not many of us have the stones to take it. The one where you lay it all on the line for that one taste of recognition. That one bit of fame. Fast forward, Vitne, leaves the good ole USA for the greener and glammier pastures of Norway, where as the lead singer, chief songwriter and player of multiple instruments, released an album of hard rock/hair metal anthems that have stuck in many many minds like so much peanut butter to the roof of your mouth. Playing his creative brand of sweet covered hair metal/sleaze anthems with the moderately successful band SEKS. Vitne continued to progress. Always forward, never back. Fast forward once again, December 2013 and Vitne, with a little help from his friends, self releases Neon. Thankfully Vitne crafted and kept a magical musical bond with fellow singer/songwriter and guitarist of the most epic proportions, Julian Angel (yes that JA from Beautiful Beast fame). Think of Vitne and Julian's relationship as a modern day incarnation of Billy Idol and Steve Stevens. Yes, I know, killer, to say the least. Now to say that Neon is akin to a winning lottery ticket may be considered by a few naysayers as an exaggeration, but not much of one. Neon is a winner. A winner for the masses that live, breath and die for the music. For the music that shapes them, that moves them. For the hard rock glam metal community at large, this oh so tasty collection of aural stimuli is as relentless as it is amazing. Toe tapping as it is headbanging. Air guitar invoking as it is stirring. Once you drop the needle in the groove prepare for a ride like no other, with songs varying from the killer heavy metal opener of Destroyer, to the moving heartfelt ballads of Silhouette and Rest In Peace, to the catchy as hell, glam rockers Nasty Habit (one of my fave's), Royal Nights, Cruisin and the USB only outtake Fire (another fave), there isn't one minute of this release that should be left unheard, overlooked or ignored. My diatribe is nearing its end. I certainly hope I did Vitne's release Neon a bit of justice. I, like many of you reading this, am a carrier of the metal flag, a card carrying lifelong member of the hard rock nation, a glam rock fan boy for life and a supporter of the genre's that we can simply dub rock n roll. To not shout to the masses the amazing talent that is Vitne and his band of merry metalers would be a discredit to him, me and the rest of you. Take my handful of words to heart, seek out and grab hold of your rock n roll destiny by owning, listening to and loving Neon by Vitne.

Just listened to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u98XIVgJ5Do

Good song, but not AOR or Hard Rock at all - I'd call this indie, almost shoegaze. Reminded me quite a bit of this great band:

And also a bit of this, mainly the vocals:

shrug.gif

• 1 month later...