Broken Arrow (Slovenia) - Feel The Arrow

Stefan

broken_arrow.jpg

Good AOR/melodic rock from these Slovenian guys.

From Good Metal And Hard Rock:

"History of Broken Arrow reaches back to spring 2005 when four musicians Matjaž Predanič (bass guitar, keyboards, vocals), Jani Predanič (drums & percussion), Bor Marolt (guitars, backing vocals) and Rok Marolt (guitars, backing vocals) from Brežice (Slovenia) decided to start a glam rock project so they began playing covers of 80s rock bands and writing their own songs as well. Due to their attractive and professional stage performance they received tremendous crowd response and decided to form a real band - and so Broken Arrow was born.
After a few gigs the guys decided that it was time for the first demo record, therefore they started working on the 'Hit The Streets' demo which was recorded at the band's headquarters in January 2006. Band continued performing live and in winter/spring 2007 played on Lipstikk and Leathur conspiracy Slovenian tour as the headliner together with Cyclone and Toxic Heart. In autumn 2007 the band recorded the second - this time professional quality - demo record containing two songs in Studio Podmornica in Samobor (Croatia).
In summer 2008 Matjaz Predanic decided to give up playing bass in order to focus on singing more intently and to interact with the audience more freely. The band soon came up with a great bass player Rok Piltaver who accepted the invitation. In autumn they performed their first gig with the extended lineup. Less than a month after that, the band entered studio again (as a prize at music contest) to record an EP.
In October 2009 the band got invited by Zele (the legendary guitarist and leader of Divlje jagode) to enter the OBN TV-show/competitions Rat bandova. They accepted the challenge and entered the audition: they got into the final 12 acts easily but could not participate in the competition further due to the long distance to the weekly filming location (Sarajevo). Instead the band decided to start working on new songs and trying them out on live concerts.
After two years of writing songs and recording the debut album Feel the Arrow was finally released on December 3rd 2013 under Multi-records label. The album was recorded in collaboration with the renowned Croatian producer and sound engineer Bernard Mihalič. The promotion of the album begun with their first video for the song Have a Little Love (see YouTube channel)."
Broken Arrow:
Matjaž Predanič (vocals)
Bor Marolt (guitars)
Rok Marolt (guitars)
Rok Piltaver (bass)
Jani Predanič (drums)

Broken_Arrow_Feel_the_Arrow800x600.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Tonight We Rock ‘n’ Roll
2. Have a Little Love
3. Hold Me Tight
4. Holdin’ On
5. Crying in Shadows
6. V8 Serenade
7. Wings of an Angel
8. Feels Alright
9. Can’t Tell If You Know
10. Give Me Your Love Tonight
11. Hit the Streets
12. Fight Fire With Fire

• 2 months later...

Oh dear, it does sound a little safe, but I find myself not minding that. I think this disc is going to be worth checking out. Could be pretty average, but worth hearing to decide one way or another. It's a pretty cool tune up there. Safe as it is...