I'll Ask This Again

Leykis101

How come in the list of people who are logged on to the forum. there will be a list of names, and it will be odd ball names, and when you click on one of them, it will tell you they don't have a profile, or nobody by that name exists? does anybody know what this is all about? Ive axed a few times, and I always get ignored, is it double secret info?

My guess is that what you are seeing are spammers and/or unvalidated registration attempts. There are literally hundreds of faux new user accounts attempted per day. Showing up in the list of users is about the extent of their visible behavior here due to antispam measures, but that doesn't prevent them from trying. I believe the majority are automated.

My guess is that what you are seeing are spammers and/or unvalidated registration attempts. There are literally hundreds of faux new user accounts attempted per day. Showing up in the list of users is about the extent of their visible behavior here due to antispam measures, but that doesn't prevent them from trying. I believe the majority are automated.

NO SHIT!! Dude Ive gotten on and seen literally 20 of these names on before, that makes sense, but that is mind blowing, that would be cool, if we could write some software that picked these names up, tracked down their IP and then sent a virus back to the origin of the spammer, then completely disabled the automater it was originating from, I think that would be classic, think anyone has been bored enough to attempt this? most people are always trying to find ways to block themselves from these PC Parasites, but has anyone ever truly looked into a way to seeking out revenge against them? I am sick yes, yes I have a screw loose, but to me this just sounds so fun, I almost start to giggle thinking about it.

And this one time, at band camp...

:crazy::lol::headbanger:

Thats right,