80s/early 90's AOR suggestions?

Guest lrkellogg

Guest lrkellogg

Hey guys!

I often find myself looking on youtube for Aor bands that I have never heard before, in hopes of locating the cd's and adding them to my collection. I was just looking for suggestions as to some 80's AOR/westcoast bands to check out that aren't "underground" rare. I tend to stay away from heavier bands, and the heaviest that I probably get is something like Heavy Pettin's "Rock Aint Dead"

Anyhow, my favorite bands are great acts such as Strangeways, Boulevard, Farenheit (Austria), Haywire, FM, Fake id, Moritz, Toys of Joy, Frozen Ghost, Mark Free, Airrace, Fortune, Cliff Magness, Passion Street, Drive She Said, and many more.

I am taking any suggestions from fellow aor fans! Thanks a lot guys!

And if anybody knows where I can get my hands on a copy of Moritz' "City Streets" cd, let me know! :usa:

Guest lrkellogg

I am having same problem getting the Moritz cd, I asked on their facebook page. I was told that its sold out, my best bet to try Evilbay.

No way, haha I actually just contacted them recently too, and I got the same response. eBay prices are ridiculous for this cd unfortunately. If you ever get a hold of a copy, LET ME KNOW! And I will defenately do the same if I get my hands on one. It is a killer album!

-Logan

Airkraft

The Arrows

Tradia
Balance

Prophet
Aviator
B.E. Taylor Group
Body Electric
Crystal
Fate
Network
Brian McDonald Group
Shooting Star
Urgent (US)
Autodrive
Boystown
Wrabit
Bricklin
China Sky
Champion (US)
Avion

Steel Breeze
Sweet Comfort Band

Try these for starters, but there are hundreds more. It depends if you're looking for more westcoast-ish/pop stuff or pure AOR...

I often find myself looking on youtube for Aor bands that I have never heard before, in hopes of locating the cd's and adding them to my collection. I was just looking for suggestions as to some 80's AOR/westcoast bands to check out that aren't "underground" rare. I tend to stay away from heavier bands, and the heaviest that I probably get is something like Heavy Pettin's "Rock Aint Dead"

Just bands from those years or new bands with that sound? I would recommend Line of Fire, Fire Tiger, Britannia, Station and, naturally, my band if you're open to new bands with that late 80s/early 90s sound. There's also Lionville if you haven't heard of them before. Their 2nd CD is especially West Coasty.