Tigertailz ... the ongoing saga + box set

Captain Howdy

Saw the other day that Ace Finchum has left Tigertailz again, due to issues with Jay Pepper and money, today Jay has posted the statement below.

To be honest I feel Tigertailz ended when Pepsi died, and should certainly not have continued after Kim left as well.

Seriously, its not even the same band anymore.

Hi guys,

Quick update: Currently working on writing new TT songs with a view to getting something out by the end of the year. Will most likely be an EP based around Pepsi’s film called ‘The Shoe Collector’ / or maybe some new tunes will appear on the forthcoming Tailz Box Set.

Box Set – We’re currently in discussions with a US label about releasing ‘everything’ (and I mean everything) Tailz has ever done.. This will be a mammoth undertaking as we’re up to around 130 songs so far. This will include demos / Live Bootlegs never before released or heard by fans. As I say, this is a huge project and will take some time. And if the US label thing doesn’t work I’ll do it on my own.

Pepsi Film ‘THE SHOE COLLECTOR’. Before he passed away Pepsi made a short film called the ‘SHOE COLLECTOR’

Like everything Pepsi did the film is class and a high-quality production and deserves to be seen. Unfortunately, I only have the off-line low-res copy of the film but am trying to see if I can get the finished copy. Either way I plan to make this available along with a song of the same title which I’ve have written to go with the his film. I am also looking to write a short story to accompany the film which will go hand-in-hand with some of the new tunes. A draft pic of the EP cover is here –

www.tigertailz.co.uk

NEW MERCH SOON:

Hoping to release a new Young & Crazy shirt circa 1987. Just trying to get Pepsi’s artwork digitised. If this comes out ok it should be a very cool shirt. Watch this space.

SHAMELESS album featuring CHERIE CURRIE from the RUNAWAYS.!!

Alexx Michael has kindly asked me to play guitar on a couple of tunes for the new SHAMELESS album featuring CHERIE CURRIE from the RUNAWAYS.!!

This is a great honour for me as I had the Runaway’s albums as a kid… So awesome to be playing on tracks with Cherie 30+ years later.. Currently working on these tracks as we speak. Should be available later this year…

IN OTHER NEWS:

Also - Very sorry to part ways with Jason Sims. We decided we wanted to go back to a 4 x piece line-up so sadly something had to give. But Jason’s a great guy and awesome Bass player and we wish him all the very best.

It also seems there’s No Room At The Inn’…

Ace emailed to say he was leaving the band citing reasons as money, songs blah blah blah. And that he preferred to play with Marseille as they ‘give him a room at a Premier Inn’..!!!

Jesus Mary and Joseph…:-0 you couldn’t write it could you… Whatever next.!!

Well who knows.. But I will continue to release product and merch and try and keep the Tailz name alive and we’ll see where that takes us.

But one things for sure.. There will be NO Tigertailz reunion.. I’m old enough to never say never but I can say with my hand on my heart I will NEVER play in a band with Ace or Kim ever again.. Well unless there’s a Premium Inn thrown in with the deal.. :-)

Nope, those relationships are over forever for me.. But I’ll keep the Tailz site open and see what I can release when I can.

So there it is folks.. One chapter closes and another opens. I’m looking to the future but won’t spend one more second wiping people’s arses and pushing water up a hill.. Only then to be then punched in the face for all my efforts.. And isn’t it funny, the people who cause the most grief are the people who contribute the least..!!!!!!!

I’ve had people write to me for interviews and comments and I’m happy to answer all. So if you want the truth and no bullshit answers then email me @ jay@tigertailz.co.uk and I’ll answer all questions and post them here.

Thanks again to you all for your support. Be back soon…

Jay

P.S. Never Surrender…

i'd totally be down for the young & crazy shirt.

I hafta get at least 3,, the sleeves get hacked off right away on the first,, then one for winter,, and another for backup when #1 crumbles into dust from so much wearing.

Tigertailz WERE a fantastic band ... 'Bezerk' is a brilliant album ... pity it's all gone to rat-shit :(

Tigertailz WERE a fantastic band ... 'Bezerk' is a brilliant album ... pity it's all gone to rat-shit :(

Yep, great band. I just scored a Japan press of Wazbones with the 5 bonus tracks. That's my favorite album they have done :)

i have that 'you lookin at me ' live cd... i bought it on ebay like 10 years ago, but never could get into it. i only really liked the first 2 albums

i see one up there for nearly 100$ now,, maybe i should put mine up there.

i have that 'you lookin at me ' live cd... i bought it on ebay like 10 years ago, but never could get into it. i only really liked the first 2 albums

i see one up there for nearly 100$ now,, maybe i should put mine up there.

One Ebayer has their two copies way overpriced. I got one 6 months ago for $22.