03. Let It Go

04. I Was Only Joking

05. Radio

06. Just For Ol' Times Sake

07. Nothin' To Say

08. Merri Go Round Your Nightmare

09. I'm Ready

http://demondollreco...com/merri_hoaxx

Recorded in 1986, this one saw the light of day in 2012, featuring Joel Ellis from Cat N' Boots and Heavy Bones.

I'll be honest with you, folks, I think this project is by far Ellis' finest hour. The average sound quality of these older tunes without takes away from their overall appeal, but if you acknowledge the songs for what they are alone, this is a pretty awesome old school hard rock release with killer riffs and killer hooks. I personally love it.

I much prefer it to the hook free sleaze that was Cats N' Boots, and the at-times-excellent-but-no-doubt-patchy Heavy Bones project. This one just has a much better vibe and I'd LOVE to hear this all polished up,

Favourite tunes are 'I Was Only Joking,' 'Radio.' 'Nothing To Say,' 'Merri Go Round Your Nightmare' and 'I'm Ready,' though nothing here at all is poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv28q8Vp_68

Suncity Records did press this album on CD overa year ago I think.

Really? I never knew that. How come there's no threads about the disc from that time? The sound isn't perfect, but the songs surely speak volumes. Is that odd, that the same album gets released on two labels in the space of a year?

Suncity Records did press this album on CD overa year ago I think.

Really? I never knew that. How come there's no threads about the disc from that time? The sound isn't perfect, but the songs surely speak volumes. Is that odd, that the same album gets released on two labels in the space of a year?

I'm not sure if it was ever officially released by Suncity.

It was not released by Sun City but David promoted it as upcoming release for at least a year along with a 2nd Femme Fetale. There was a thread around here about it.

Just to be clear Heavy Bones was awesome and not patchy at all.

It was not released by Sun City but David promoted it as upcoming release for at least a year along with a 2nd Femme Fetale. There was a thread around here about it.

With an equal production job, Merri Hoaxx would completely school that CD, though, and I reckon you'd agree. ;)

With an equal production job, Merri Hoaxx would completely school that CD, though, and I reckon you'd agree. ;)

I've had the HB since it was released and is a longtime favorite so i doubt it.