VH1 Top 100 Of All Time

Leykis101

Interesting list they had! I liked how a bunch of people know body ever heard of were on there saying "Nirvana sparked the greatest revolution in music history" and "they are the greatest band to ever live" is that so? apparently their lead singer didnt think so, no Nirvana was cool when they came out, I admit, I dug them, they were heavy, and different, not heavy in the Pantera sense of the word, but they were raw, but we already had Anthrax, and Exodus, and Prong, so it's not like they were good heavy, they were different heavy, but they quickly wore off, and I was still listening to Blue Tears long after Nirvana wore off, so to say they were one of the greatest bands to ever live, and to be put on the list after Pink Floyd, and Van Halen, I think it was rubbish! what do you chaps think?

Jeeeeez everytime a bunch of so called music critics get together to do lists like this I roll my eyes skyward. I've not seen the VH1 top 100 yet ... not sure I'm bothered but it's probably the same types who say crummy albums like Van Morrisons Astral Weeks are great albums...have they listened or are they just going along with what their media savvy mates say? I'd make them sit down and actually listen to that album so they can hear how naff it is.

They're the same type of people who wear Ramones or Motorhead T-Shirts and wouldn't have a clue if you asked them what their favourite album or song was. I sure don't think Nirvana sparked any great revolution in music history, just as punk didn't ... sure they influenced stuff but where's this great revolution???? Posers who feel they have to validate the music they like or pretend to like always come up with these sort of stupid statements. Where's all these startling new sounds that I should be hearing??? If I wanted to then I'd have to go a lot further left field than Nirvanas downer pop. Did they change the business model and make everything more independant...somewhat...but the greed of record companies and the onset of downloading and the ability of the internet to provide bands with a platform to promote their music to a worldwide audience had/is having a greater influence on bands doing it for themselves and having more power. It also opens up a platform for really "out there" innovative stuff to be heard instead of being bypassed by the Cowell machine and buried beneath the monotony that is the music industry right now. Nirvana if they were so revolutionary and "out there" would never have been signed even by sub pop .

Critics pashaw!! ....I don't need to be told by them what to like!

Jeeeeez everytime a bunch of so called music critics get together to do lists like this I roll my eyes skyward. I've not seen the VH1 top 100 yet ... not sure I'm bothered but it's probably the same types who say crummy albums like Van Morrisons Astral Weeks are great albums...have they listened or are they just going along with what their media savvy mates say? I'd make them sit down and actually listen to that album so they can hear how naff it is.

They're the same type of people who wear Ramones or Motorhead T-Shirts and wouldn't have a clue if you asked them what their favourite album or song was. I sure don't think Nirvana sparked any great revolution in music history, just as punk didn't ... sure they influenced stuff but where's this great revolution???? Posers who feel they have to validate the music they like or pretend to like always come up with these sort of stupid statements. Where's all these startling new sounds that I should be hearing??? If I wanted to then I'd have to go a lot further left field than Nirvanas downer pop. Did they change the business model and make everything more independant...somewhat...but the greed of record companies and the onset of downloading and the ability of the internet to provide bands with a platform to promote their music to a worldwide audience had/is having a greater influence on bands doing it for themselves and having more power. It also opens up a platform for really "out there" innovative stuff to be heard instead of being bypassed by the Cowell machine and buried beneath the monotony that is the music industry right now. Nirvana if they were so revolutionary and "out there" would never have been signed even by sub pop .

Critics pashaw!! ....I don't need to be told by them what to like!

Ditto the last sentence....