Trixter - Tattoos & Misery

dethuniverse

What, you don't like track 2 ?????? really???? I've gotta say that one is nowhere near the company of Physical Attraction to these ears.

Are we both talking about 'Get On It?' Such a blatant filler to me and I could see it no differently.

I don't mind Get it On but it's probably the second worst song after Physical Attraction IMO. Dirty Love is my fav and really I like them all and it's hard for me to believe more around her don't think this is better.

I can understand disappointment because if you're being realistic it's really not comparable to the first 2 albums at all. They simply just don't sound like the band they were back then. Like I said, to me they sound like a mid-90's indie band trying to sound like Trixter.

That said, if you just take the album at face value and don't compare it to the first two (which is admittedly hard) it's a fun hard rock disc. Like I also mentioned, the above tunes are the only two really weak songs, but the rest is all worthwhile enough, with a few crackers in the mix. I actually think a beefy production job would have done this thing the world of good too.

What, you don't like track 2 ?????? really???? I've gotta say that one is nowhere near the company of Physical Attraction to these ears.

Are we both talking about 'Get On It?' Such a blatant filler to me and I could see it no differently.

I don't mind Get it On but it's probably the second worst song after Physical Attraction IMO. Dirty Love is my fav and really I like them all and it's hard for me to believe more around her don't think this is better.

I can understand disappointment because if you're being realistic it's really not comparable to the first 2 albums at all. They simply just don't sound like the band they were back then. Like I said, to me they sound like a mid-90's indie band trying to sound like Trixter.

That said, if you just take the album at face value and don't compare it to the first two (which is admittedly hard) it's a fun hard rock disc. Like I also mentioned, the above tunes are the only two really weak songs, but the rest is all worthwhile enough, with a few crackers in the mix. I actually think a beefy production job would have done this thing the world of good too.

Sorry mate I dont agree, a filler is a filler and this is riddled with them

:(

Fair enough, mate, but where was that logic when Van Halen's newie was being discussed? ;)

I think 'Physical Attraction' is better than anything on the Van Halen CD and only 'Get it on' is as bad as a lot of the Van Halen CD. The rest of the Trixter CD, imo of course, is far superior to the garbage Van Halen got away with this year. In my opinion. :)

Fair enough, mate, but where was that logic when Van Halen's newie was being discussed? ;)

I think 'Physical Attraction' is better than anything on the Van Halen CD and only 'Get it on' is as bad as a lot of the Van Halen CD. The rest of the Trixter CD, imo of course, is far superior to the garbage Van Halen got away with this year. In my opinion. :)

I dont ever recall supporting the Van Halen album........there were 3 or 4 very good songs and although the musianship was pretty awesome that hardly makes for a good album if the songs arent there. I wouldnt have rated the album as whole much above 50% if I owned it (which I dont)....comparing any album with the new Van Halen as an argument to suggest its good is not a wise idea.

I dont ever recall supporting the Van Halen album........there were 3 or 4 very good songs and although the musianship was pretty awesome that hardly makes for a good album if the songs arent there. I wouldnt have rated the album as whole much above 50% if I owned it (which I dont)....comparing any album with the new Van Halen as an argument to suggest its good is not a wise idea.

Now that's more like the G-Scallop I know! I wish you'd been singing that melody from the start, mate, as I recall much nicer words towards this release back when discussions were taking place. Anyway, not to worry. I'm glad you see it for the piece of shit it is, just disappointed it took a while. Hopefully Tim's seen the light too and we can go back to normal in agreeing that terrible music is terrible music. ;)

Now that's more like the G-Scallop I know! I wish you'd been singing that melody from the start, mate, as I recall much nicer words towards this release back when discussions were taking place. Anyway, not to worry. I'm glad you see it for the piece of shit it is, just disappointed it took a while. Hopefully Tim's seen the light too and we can go back to normal in agreeing that terrible music is terrible music. ;)

Which one are you talking about? Trixter? Yep it's mostly shit IMO. Van Halen? Horribly patchy but a few redeeming songs and great guitar. Still not great though. Neither are worth much air-time frankly when there are much better discs around...

Which one are you talking about? Trixter? Yep it's mostly shit IMO. Van Halen? Horribly patchy but a few redeeming songs and great guitar. Still not great though. Neither are worth much air-time frankly when there are much better discs around...

Haha... definitely talking about Van Halen. I'll persist that the Trixter disc is certainly a disappointment in comparison to their first two, but it's really not that bad a disc at all. And it does have 3 really super songs on it.

I'll persist that the Trixter disc is certainly a disappointment in comparison to their first two, but it's really not that bad a disc at all. And it does have 3 really super songs on it.

Other than "Tattoos..." mine doesn't have any other great songs, so you must have a version with 2 extra songs on. :)

I'll persist that the Trixter disc is certainly a disappointment in comparison to their first two, but it's really not that bad a disc at all. And it does have 3 really super songs on it.

Other than "Tattoos..." mine doesn't have any other great songs, so you must have a version with 2 extra songs on. :)

You should seek out the version with 'Coolest thing' (cheesy lyrics but awesome song) and 'Walk with a stranger.' Trust me, you'll be glad you did. ;)

Okay, so am I the only poof who didn't know that 'Walk with a stranger' is actually a cover of an old Skid Row tune from 1986? No wonder it rules.

You should seek out the version with 'Coolest thing' (cheesy lyrics but awesome song) and 'Walk with a stranger.' Trust me, you'll be glad you did. ;)

Okay, so am I the only poof who didn't know that 'Walk with a stranger' is actually a cover of an old Skid Row tune from 1986? No wonder it rules.

ha ha I didnt either lol.....wow the decent songs are deminishing fast ;-)