Weapon Head - Surgical Smile

Leykis101

I discovered these guys, on a website I posted about here on HH, but apparently has been removed as it's not encouraged to hear a whole CD before you go drop mega bucks on it, this band is so fucking cool I can't even explain it, and the worst thing is probably not a whole lot of you will like this CD, I guess they are Aussies, they play such an odd, and unfamiliar brand of music that it just cannot be classified as anything, I mean it's Rock, but it's certainly not any kind of formal rock so to speak, and absolutely un describable, from the off the wall and flat out bizarre lyrics, to the extremely catchy guitar riffs, and mind altering catchy chorus's, but never very heavy, i think that's what it is, this sounds like music that should have shredding mega distorted guitars, but it doesn't, it has mild to medium distortion, nothing heavy at all, but it still sounds fucking heavy, it sound's very modern, but at the same time so much hair metal influence you know it would have a difficult time surviving in mainstream cause of it's close hair metal influence. and I guess they have a CD before this one that is supposedly way better, I am ordering that one, if you have a taste for something ultra off, very different, and way out there, I suggest you check this out, if your expecting anything melodic, or aor, forget you read this, this is not it, maybe someone on here can give an accurate description of this band, I cannot. good luck!

• 1 month later...

Well it's obvious nobody even gave this a look, seeing nobody even replied that they thought if fucking sucked or anything, accept you Rick! well if you dont dig Got No Money, check this jam out called The March Of Misery, I think this is my new favorite Weapon Head jam, and it does JAM!!!

Weapon Head - March Of Misery

Well it's obvious nobody even gave this a look, seeing nobody even replied that they thought if fucking sucked or anything, accept you Rick! well if you dont dig Got No Money, check this jam out called The March Of Misery, I think this is my new favorite Weapon Head jam, and it does JAM!!!

Weapon Head - March Of Misery

Some good music in there. Not really my usual cup of tea, the vocals annoy me immensely, but quite a good, fun tune.

A Killer riff isnt it, thats what caught me was the monster guitar riff! yeah the vocals are hit and miss, i think these guys kind of remind me of old Circus Of Power type music, it's just the only thing i can think of that it reminds me of??