Quietdrive - covers album

Glen

Mandolin Rain and Carry On My Wayward Son are good too.

The rest I could take or leave....and it has to be said that the cover of Sister Christian is like WTF ?????!

Love Quietdrive......need to pick this, and their last CD, up....have the first two and their EP..and love all their music! Amazon??

Love Quietdrive......need to pick this, and their last CD, up....have the first two and their EP..and love all their music! Amazon??

All these songs are on you tube

• 3 weeks later...

I said in another thread that Safetysuit was the most exciting new album I saw, but I did see this and covers album or not - like Jim, I think this band is utterly brilliant and they could sing about raping animals and I'd still be interested. It kills me that their s/t album is already so impossibly expensive, but these guys are easily one of my favourite modern rock bands. Looking forward to this a lot.

Great cover too, Glen. Love it.

• 2 months later...

Did anyone see that they have a new album out soon -

New single off of our new record "Up or Down" is on soundcloud. Check it out here:

Also, our new video is out as well. You can get that here!

The new record drops on April 17th, so make sure you come back here next week to pre order the record.

Did anyone see that they have a new album out soon -

New single off of our new record "Up or Down" is on soundcloud. Check it out here:

Also, our new video is out as well. You can get that here!

The new record drops on April 17th, so make sure you come back here next week to pre order the record.

Well peck my penis with a pelican beak!!! What a relief, and great news. As much as I told myself that a covers album from these guys would appeal to me more than others... well, end of the day it's still a cover album and I can't pretend to care too much.

That new song sounds awesome! Like it'd sound any other way anyway, but I can't wait for this. Like I said above, these guys are one of the best, imo. Really love them. One nasty, nasty trend I am noticing is that their CDs are getting close to impossible to find. Just look at this garbage. $40 for a CD a couple of years old:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quietdrive/dp/B00475H5V6/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1332510714&sr=1-3

I don't know how to get a hard copy of that CD. :(

Anyway, can't wait for the new album. Very excited!!!

Okay, so I'm a dipshit. You can buy the s/t disc for $9.99 plus a reasonable shipping rate right here:

http://www.quietdrivemusic.com/#homepage

I almost bought it right then and there, but I'll wait for the pre-order and order both at the same time. :)

• 4 weeks later...

You can buy the new album now. Bought it today, along with the s/t one. Postage is ridiculous ($15.90 for 2 CDs to Australia - not sure what I was talking about above?) but I've looked for that s/t CD since it's release and I've seen it as high as $50 and over, so $36 overall for the 2 CDs will do me fine. :)

If you don't have any of the CDs, there is an awesome $40 package for all their CDs. Can't imagine what the postage on that is, but maybe worth checking out if you're absent of these guys in your collection.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I gotta say after one spin that the new album is quite the disappointment. After the first 2 tracks you could be mistaken for thinking they might be delivering their best album yet. But man does it get ugly quick. It doesn't fully recover either until the last song, which is excellent too. There are moments inbetween, but not many, and some really bad songs.

I can only imagine that 'Birthday' was a pretty "big" song for them and they're trying to recapture that style? If you know that song you know it's f*cking amazing. It really is. Quirky verses indeed, but one of the coolest choruses they have ever written. A lot of the songs on this new CD have really awful "quirky" verses which they try to save with a typically commercial / hooky chorus, but it just doesn't work. I look forward to spinning it again and this band always deserves the effort, but this may be their worst yet, after such a great start. :(

On the positive side, I also got the s/t disc in the package, which is still awesome.