Muh-Muh-Muh-Metalshop!

Evil Rick

Metalshop was a nationally syndicated weekly hard rock radio show hosted by Charlie Kendal in the 80's. They played some great songs and had a bunch of special guests weekly as well. I only had the pleasure of hearing this kickass radio show a few times when we would be at my aunt & uncle's lake cabin near Detroit Lakes MN. I would sit at the table with a cassette tape in my boombox and record the episode from start to finish. They played some awesome music on there and the host Charlie Kendal had THEEE COOLEST voice on radio. I found this little snippet on youtube and it was enough to bring back some great memories. And I know I still have at least one cassette floating around somewhere with an episode on there with the songs "Chain Gang" by Steeler, "Lovedrive" by Scorpions, and "Ace Of Spades" by Motorhead to name a few. Damn it would be great to find a site with a bunch of old episodes on mp3! :beerbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r11wIKRmqg8&feature=related

Oh yeah, I remember this show. I believe there was even a companion magazine at one time.

This used to be broadcasted at midnight on Saturdays. I remember hearing many artists for the first time on this show... Like Armored Saint, WASP, Leatherwolf, and Metallica. I think "Ride The Lightning" was the first Metallica song I heard on the show.

I also remember they would have a little section about a new or "unknown band" and play a track by them. I remember picking up a couple releases because of this... Like Shyer,Antix, and Cryer.

Muh-Muh-Muh-Metalshop... "The Only Show With Teeth".

I love the "local sponsor" announcement at the end of that clip - the legendary L'amour in Brooklyn and Rock N Roll Heaven record store (which was owned by Johnny Z of MegaForce Records fame)!!

I remember this show as well. Every Saturday night at 11 pm on the old WNEW-FM. Played some awesome songs. I remember it was on that show I first heard Ozzy's "Shot In The Dark" when it was released. Good times....