ETC.....Anyone remember this kick ass show?

Clutch

At one point I think I had that whole show on VHS. It was released officially as I remember the packaging was quite nice. I'm sure I still have it... just no idea where it is. Actually, there is a ton of Warlock and Doro stuff that has been officially released. Doro is for sure one of the most "metal" women who has ever lived. I'm always looking to add to my Warlock/Doro collection.

I'm lucky she plays a club near me almost every year. I've seen her there 4 times in the last 5 years. I was actually lucky enough to see Warlock's first ever show in The States.

I was wrong.. This is the show I have..

At one point I think I had that whole show on VHS. It was released officially as I remember the packaging was quite nice. I'm sure I still have it... just no idea where it is. Actually, there is a ton of Warlock and Doro stuff that has been officially released. Doro is for sure one of the most "metal" women who has ever lived. I'm always looking to add to my Warlock/Doro collection.

I'm lucky she plays a club near me almost every year. I've seen her there 4 times in the last 5 years. I was actually lucky enough to see Warlock's first ever show in The States.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I would like for the whole ETC catalog (not just the Warlock show) be released as a dvd set as TONS of great bands played on the show. The Rock Goddess set is badass and, of course, Motorhead rules. More quality footage of classic shows rotting in a vault somewhere. :crying:

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I would like for the whole ETC catalog (not just the Warlock show) be released as a dvd set as TONS of great bands played on the show. The Rock Goddess set is badass and, of course, Motorhead rules. More quality footage of classic shows rotting in a vault somewhere. :crying:

Every time Doro plays in Virginia at Jaxx a car full of guys comes up from North Carolina. You may know the one guy.. He goes by the name Dio (cool guy).

Every time Doro plays in Virginia at Jaxx a car full of guys comes up from North Carolina. You may know the one guy.. He goes by the name Dio (cool guy).

If his name is Dio he's gotta be cool!

Anyway... Thanks for the thread. I've spent the last hour watching Doro videos... :beerbang:

I used to watch this years and years ago, it was only a fairly short lived series. I have some of this on tape somewhere with bands like Torme, Warrior, Trash, UFO

I just checked the videos out on Youtube - was at work last night when I posted the reply above. The programme was actually called ECT I think and the letters did stand for something but I can't for the life of me remember what...I'll see if I can find out.

Edit found it ECT stood for Extra-Celestial Transmission.

Just been checking out a bit more...flipping heck Pet Hate, Lionheart - I don't remember them being on (but they obviously were) - but remember The Lords of the New Church and The Cherry Bombs(z). I think I watched them all but I guess some you forget were on after a time and I only kept my faves at the time. Me and a few mates would tape stuff on TV (ECT, No Limits, Headbangers Ball e.t.c.) then once a month get a couple of VCRs and go through the tapes and recorded the videos we wanted to keep to our own individual tapes. I think I have about 5 3 hour compilation tapes still somewhere upstairs.

But it would be nice to see a whole box set dedicated to the programme featuring all the performances but I guess licencing and maybe a limited market may not make it worthwhile. I wonder how many rockers at the time here in the U.K. still remember the programme itself.

• 1 month later...

I have them all converted to DVD if you check my Various section.

http://hairglamfan.webs.com/

ECT Vol 1 - Motorhead, Lords of the New Church, Magnum, Madam X, Torme, Rogue Male, Girlschool, Waysted

ECT Vol 2 - She, Trash, Magnum, Warlock, Cannes, Charriot, Rock Goddess, Heavy Pettin'

ECT Vol 3 - Lionheart, Marino, Wildfire, Perigian Risk, Shy, Tobruk, Hawkwind, Warrior

ECT Vol 4 - Gunslingers, The Grip, Tygers of Pan Tang, Mamas Boys, Robin George, McCoy, Judas Priest, Tygers of Pan Tang

ECT Vol 5 - Pet Hate, Tarazana, Venom, Lee Aaron, Torpedoes, Dumpy's Rusty Nuts, Spider, Garry Moore and Phil Lynott

Now if anyone can help with old VHS tapes of the Power Hour and Raw Power I'd love to hear from you!

I have them all converted to DVD if you check my Various section.

http://hairglamfan.webs.com/

•ECT Vol 1 - Motorhead, Lords of the New Church, Magnum, Madam X, Torme, Rogue Male, Girlschool, Waysted

•ECT Vol 2 - She, Trash, Magnum, Warlock, Cannes, Charriot, Rock Goddess, Heavy Pettin'

•ECT Vol 3 - Lionheart, Marino, Wildfire, Perigian Risk, Shy, Tobruk, Hawkwind, Warrior

•ECT Vol 4 - Gunslingers, The Grip, Tygers of Pan Tang, Mamas Boys, Robin George, McCoy, Judas Priest, Tygers of Pan Tang

•ECT Vol 5 - Pet Hate, Tarazana, Venom, Lee Aaron, Torpedoes, Dumpy's Rusty Nuts, Spider, Garry Moore and Phil Lynott

Now if anyone can help with old VHS tapes of the Power Hour and Raw Power I'd love to hear from you!

Very cool!