Famous Underground: s/t review

My review of Nick Walsh's (ex-Slik Toxic) new band, Famous Underground, is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Famous Underground review

Solid stuff for fans of the heavy-edged end of the hard rock spectrum, and Walsh sounds as great as ever.

Upcoming reviews include:

Trivium: "In Waves"

Juliet's Vice: "D.G.A.F."

Zombie Shaker Box: "Encrypted"

Toby Hitchcock: "Mercury's Down"

Loved the Revolver stuff, and it looks like they brought 'Dead Weight' with them to the new album. Not sure if it's re-recorded or if it's the original....but it's a pretty kick ass tune. Always loved this dude's vox......will definitely check out the whole thing! Thanks for the review Mark!

Loved the Revolver stuff, and it looks like they brought 'Dead Weight' with them to the new album. Not sure if it's re-recorded or if it's the original...but it's a pretty kick ass tune. Always loved this dude's vox.......will definitely check out the whole thing! Thanks for the review, Mark!

If you liked Revolver, you'll definitely like Famous Underground; it's really just a new Revolver album under a different name. And yeah, Walsh definitely has a great hard rock/metal voice. There are some folks on the boards here that really should give this album a chance. As I said in my review, it's not going to have widespread appeal, but fans of heavy hard rock should find plenty to enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Heard this the other day. Not amazing by any means, but not bad at all really. The dude does have a good voice and suits this modern stuff too, without sounding out of place.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple more spins and I'm not too sure about this. It's solid and consistent. But sadly, it's only consistently pretty good to average. No tracks really stand out and I couldn't really give it more than the 60% I awarded it myself. Nice effort, but there are many better modern rock bands and many better old school bands too.