Liberty N' Justice featuring Jani Lane new single "Sin"

back4more

We are deeply sorry for the untimely passing of Jani Lane. Like many stars, his light burned very brightly but faded too quickly. We have one of, if not the last, recording that Mr. Lane finished in the studio. We have witnessed an out pouring of emotion from the world's music community regarding Jani's death. We feel obligated to his family, friends, and fans to share one of his last artistic endeavors. This single "Sin", was originally scheduled for release in early 2012 as part of a double CD from L 'N J entitled " The Cigar Chronicles." The song along with Lane features JK Northrup of King Kobra (who recorded and mixed the track), Keri Kelli of Alice Cooper, and Bill Leverty of Firehouse.

The single, "Sin" from Liberty n' Justice featuring Jani Lane will be available for digital download through itunes starting Tuesday 8-15-11 and other digital stores to follow in the next few weeks. The song was written by JK Northrup, Justin Murr, Jani Lane, Keri Kelli, & Scott Bolan. The song is published by Up-R-North Music (Ascap), Justin Murr Music (BMI), & Snare Enterprises (ASCAP).The I-tunes artwork was done by David Dluzak and other medias by Mark Lanoue.

here is what people associated with the Liberty n' Justice project had to say........

"Jani Lane was the Vincent Van Gogh of "Hair Band Melodic Hard Rock." A brilliant artist wrestling with his inner self. I came to know him through years of touring together and through many conversations. It was difficult to see him fight with his demons. He was my friend, my contemporary, and he will be truly missed.

This may be one of, if not his last recording.

The performance has a poignant message in relation to his life story. I know that for him, Rock and Roll Heaven is indeed, not too far away !!!

Nothing but Love to you my Brother, Jani."

CJ Snare of Firehouse/ Rubicon Cross

"In March of 2011, I was asked by Justin Murr to play on a song called "Sin". I gladly excepted the offer because Liberty n' Justice always puts out great music. The demo had a scratch vocal by the co-writer, JK Northrup that sounded really good, but I did not know who was going to be chosen to sing the real vocal. I've just learned that I was matched up with Jani Lane. I will tell you that Jani did an amazing job with his vocals. I am truly honored to be playing on this recording, which is quite possibly the last recording Jani ever made. I have extremely fond memories of touring with him since 1991 when we all became good friends on Warrant's "Blood, Sweat, & Beers Tours". Firehouse has played well over a 100 shows since then with Warrant and with Jani's solo gig. Our friendship has never faded. This song's lyrical content is very timely, and shows Jani in an

extremely vulnerable and honest light, where he bares his soul in an uncanny way. RIP my brother, your music will always be with me..."

Bill Leverty of Firehouse

"Like everyone, I was shocked to hear about the passing of Jani. I was privileged to have opened a show with Warrant in Los Angeles at a large venue called "The Country Club". It was a sold out show, and just before they got signed! It was easy to see why Jani and Warrant would make such an impact on the music world with his stage presence and song writing abilities. Now some 24 years later, I found myself working with Jani on a song called "Sin" for the upcoming album with Justin Murr's "Liberty N' Justice" called "The Cigar Chronicle's". Jani's vocals and input on this song are very powerful! Although it was not intended for release until 2012, all involved felt the importance to get this song out to all of his fans to hear this amazing song. I know he will be smiling when this song is heard by all. My sincere condolences to all of his family and friends. He will be missed, but not forgotten! R.I.P Jani Lane!"

JK Northrup

Hmmm... I wonder what the "real" motive is behind releasing this song early...?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I kind of find it odd as well. Sorta like all those Back Down to One popping up on Ebay for 10$, last week they were priced at 2$. The odd thing is less than 2 weeks ago, I was in one of those liquidation/overstock stores and they had a bunch of cd's between 2003 and 2008 for sale for 50 cents....one of those cd's was Back Down To One from Jani, I picked up 2 copies, one for me and one designated for Ebay....I think I'll put off selling the Jani Lane out of respect and love for the guy.

Over the past few days, I've listened to all the stuff I have of his, even made a new mixed cd-r for the car, I chose the more commercial stuff, so my wife wasn't gonna say WTF? (lyrics to Andy Warhol was right and April 2031). I've come to the conclusion that he was probably my favourite ballad/mid-tempo song writer of all time. Amazing songs like Heaven, Sometimes She Cries, I Saw Red, Blind Faith, Andy Warhol Was Right, Let It Rain, Bitter Pill, Sum Of One, Chameleon, High, Stronger Now and Letter To A Friend....HOLY SHIT!!! What a great bunch of songs. Those are just off the top of my head.

Without a doubt the passing of Jani is the one that has affected me the most when it comes to being a fan of a musician. I have loved and always will love his music.

Geez guys, at least wait till the body is cold, for cryin' out loud...

Bit judgemental to jump down Justins throat like this.

Simple fact is that when any musician dies, its normal for people to rush out and buy their stuff (just like when Winehouse or Jackson flew back to the top of the charts), so its a way for people to actually get hold of something you have never heard before.

Its a simple choice, you either buy it or you dont.

Justin is a great guy, and is going through a tough time himself at the moment with personal issues, so I think there is genuine motive behind releasing this early.