Jag Panzer Disbands

Fat Freddy

from Jagpanzer.com...man, this bites!!! :crying:

Jag Panzer Disbands

A LEGACY COMES TO AN END: JAG PANZER DISBANDS

(25 July 2011 – Colorado Springs, CO) After more than three decades of delivering heavy metal to the masses, Jag Panzer have decided to call it quits.

“We are proud of every album we released and the support we received from the heavy metal community,” states guitarist and founder Mark Briody. ” We’ve played so many places around the world and enjoyed every minute of it but the time has come where we just cannot move forward as a band.”

Guitarist Christian Lasegue left the band last month to pursue his degree full time. “Christian did an amazing job on The Scourge of the Light and it was a pleasure working with him,” continues Briody. ”We wished Christian well but kept this quiet until we found a replacement.”

Drummer Rikard Stjernquist says,”Several guitar players applied for the job. It was a pleasant surprise to see so many young guitarists with advanced chops. One player, 19 year old Jake Dreyer, submitted videos of him nailing solos from both Chris Broderick and Christian Lasegue. We were ready to welcome Jake into the band but unfortunately that will not happen. There is no doubt in any of our minds that Jake will go on to be a household name in his own right.”

Bassist John Tetley adds a final statement:” In closing, we’d like to send out a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to metal fans throughout the world. You all rule!”

Sad day. At least i saw them 3 times. Maybe not politically correct at the moment, but i wouldn't mind the less seeing a special tafola/tyrant show at KIT.

I'm listening to shadow thief demo now and i still remember getting the german bootleg in early 90's. While crap from "big bands" was getting all the attention...falling down, falling down, falling down...

Then make me some cuba libre and i'll spin the dlp bootleg chain of command...

Ample destruction is not only top3 for me but also very well displayed on the shelves of my collection(4-5 different vinyl versions, 2 different picture lps and 2-3 cds).

A moment to remember: when i saw them first time in Germany, i was approached by a guy, completely unknown to me, and i was given a panzer patch because i was sporting a panzer tee. When their show begun, i found out that the unknown guy was their new guitarist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3BgW4e4qgY

This f#@king sucks. The Scourge of Light is pretty damn good and at least their going out on a high note. But why not just find a new guitarist and do a new album every 3-4 years it's not like they even tour anymore outside of the odd festival show here and there. I'm bummed.

This f#@king sucks. The Scourge of Light is pretty damn good and at least their going out on a high note. But why not just find a new guitarist and do a new album every 3-4 years it's not like they even tour anymore outside of the odd festival show here and there. I'm bummed.

They actually did find a new guitarist, 19 year old Jake Dreyer, who's amazing. His first show with the band would have been in Greece in October but J-Lo, I mean Harry, made that an impossibility. As well as any future opportunities ...

His first show with the band would have been in Greece in October but J-Lo, I mean Harry, made that an impossibility. As well as any future opportunities ...

Oooooh. Sounds like somebody knows some behind the scenes scoop.... :blink:

His first show with the band would have been in Greece in October but J-Lo, I mean Harry, made that an impossibility. As well as any future opportunities ...

A little bit, yup (look at the contact info on their Facebook page ....)

All I see is TBC - Guitarist

Look 5 and 6 lines below that ...

Oh yeah I saw that you're their booking agent/manager but I thought I missed something else. Sorry.

Oh yeah I saw that you're their booking agent/manager but I thought I missed something else. Sorry.

Nope, that was it - wasn't actually their agent, just manager. Mark just listed me under the agent thing also. And, are we friends on Facebook? If not, fucking request me, you jackass :)

Nope, that was it - wasn't actually their agent, just manager. Mark just listed me under the agent thing also. And, are we friends on Facebook? If not, fucking request me, you jackass :)

Dave I'm almost a 1000% sure weve been fb friends for more than a year or maybe longer.

Dave I'm almost a 1000% sure weve been fb friends for more than a year or maybe longer.

Well, I'm a moron. You should know that by now LOL