Shaken: "New Beginning"

I'm sure if I posted this in the "Other Music Styles" Section this would get more traffic, but Shaken is a Christian band so that's the Section I'm putting 'em in.

Fans of groups like Disciple, Pillar, Thousand Foot Krutch, etc. will want to check out out this 5-song indie EP which was produced by Travis Wyrick. They're not reinventig the modern rock wheel, but I liked what I heard well enough to justify spending $4.95 for the download on iTunes (not sure about physical copies). Click the link below to decide for yourself:

Shaken MySpace page

Considering every single one of the bands you listed in comparison to these guys RAWK, I definitely clicked on the link to their myspace page. Promising stuff....

Not too bad. I can hear the similarities to those bands for sure, but I'd add that these guys sound like a version of those bands, but without the hooks. It's decent, solid stuff... but couldn't find a decent hook in the 5 songs (except maybe 'Run away' - the best of the lot). There's potential there, though, no doubt.