Miljenko Matijevic (Steelheart)

hsf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_S4ZBkYkM&feature=related

For anyone who likes/remembers Jeff Buckley's incredible 1994 version of this song, Mili follows up with a pretty damn good effort himself.

(Now just put out another good album!)

• My Little Pony

I love Mili--his power, strength, and emotion. Say what you want about Good 2B Alive, but I love that album and I will always appreciate his work. This cover is no exception. Simply beautiful.

I love Mili--his power, strength, and emotion. Say what you want about Good 2B Alive, but I love that album and I will always appreciate his work. This cover is no exception. Simply beautiful.

Agree absolutley 100%. This is a great tune. I think it would be cool if he did a complete Christmas CD. Maybe even throw a couple rock ones in too. :D

FTR, I actually bought and like Good 2B Alive. While not "Steelheart" Steelheart, it was good. That said, I would like to see another album without huge delay again. (Particularly without all the rumors about where it could lead away from rock too.)

Yeah, they're fantastic. Oh, to have my face being battered around by those puppies. Jay, you really need to post more! :lol:

Oh, was there a music thing somewhere in this thread too? ;)

• 6 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guL4KgkheoM

How it kills me to be posting this, but God forgive me, I actually like this version of the song. It really reminds me of solo Butch just after he released/toured Left of Self-Centered. Or acoustic Jon and Richie. Matt Morris really completes the version.

• My Little Pony

Yeah, I just listened to Mili's again. I'm sorry, but JT's sounds like shit in comparison. I don't think I've heard a rendition that rivals Mili's.

Oh yeah. Not comparing. Mili (and his version of Hallelujah) are difficult to compare anything else to and have them stand up.

That said, I still liked it. I would like to change a little phrasing and how high his voice went a few times, but the fact that it was Timberlake and I was giving my seal of approval is what bothered me. There aren't TOO many versions of this song that I don't like, though.