First Reign

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

Here's a progressive metal group from my neck o' the woods. I actually went to school with a few of them, and was friends with the drummer for a while. I was pleasantly surprised when I threw this disc in my car stereo. Honestly, I wasn't anticipating much from them, as I figured they would turn out to be a run-of-the-mill metal band, but they've actually got a lot of promise. One review described the vocalist, Dallas Erickson, as "a mixture of Devin Townsend of Strapping Young Lad and Russell Allen of Symphony X," but I personally put the spotlight on the guitars and drums. The latter being handled by Sean Lang, who is obviously a Mike Portnoy clone. In fact, Sean was the one to introduce me to Mike Portnoy and Dream Theater.

Buy it here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/firstreign2/from/viglink

I thought I'd post a few vids of Mr. Lang:

These vids are part of FreeDrumLessons.com, another Abbotsford based project. Check it out, too.

• My Little Pony

Very crappy vocals. I prefer that real progressive band from the God blessed land of Quebec

Hey, man, I don't mind you criticizing the band. I expect negative, and positive feedback. I personally don't find the vocals worth blowin' a load over--not like Jorn Lande. Is that gay?--no homo. But, I would appreciate if we kept this thread free of any other shout outs. If you want a little recognition for your favourite Quebec progressive group, please start an original topic devoted to them. Thanks.