Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned

heavyharmonies

Special Edition CD + DVD version is on sale this week at Best Buy for $9.99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRaHKNEs8Y

The album is good, but nowhere near 'Ghost Opera' or 'The Black Halo' IMO.

some of songs lack hooks, but what I will say is that musicianship is excellent and there are one or two killer guitar solos.

Nice effort but only for Kamelot fans me thinks......

• 1 month later...

I just bought this at Best Buy for $16.99(I had a $15 gift certificate so I didn't mind)but had never heard Kamelot before. After about half way though I can already tell that I'm going to have invest a few spins to let it all sink in since there's so much going on. I usually like most Power and Symphonic Progressive Metal but these guys go beyond anything I think I've heard before and are definately original. The DVD has some cool interviews and live footage as well as the video.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay now I'm hooked on this cd.

What else do I need from this band? I see Ghost Opera and Black Halo get a lot of love but is there anything else or any I should stay away from?

All albums with Roy Khan is good, especially Karma, Epica and The Black Halo and the two first Siege Perilous and The fourth legacy is my least favorites but what do I know. The drummer Casey Grillo is a fantastic drummer as well.

You should also check out Khan's old band Conception. There are some really good albums there as well. Parallell minds, In Your Multitude and Flow are great albums. They have Tor Østbyon on guitar from ARK and DC Cooper's solo album.

What else do I need from this band? I see Ghost Opera and Black Halo get a lot of love but is there anything else or any I should stay away from?

All albums with Roy Khan is good, especially Karma, Epica and The Black Halo and the two first Siege Perilous and The fourth legacy is my least favorites but what do I know. The drummer Casey Grillo is a fantastic drummer as well.

You should also check out Khan's old band Conception. There are some really good albums there as well. Parallell minds, In Your Multitude and Flow are great albums. They have Tor Østbyon on guitar from ARK and DC Cooper's solo album.

Good post. I think Karma is the most catchy. I also really like "Dominion" (Mark Vanderbilt on vox). I wouldn't say them better about Conception.

Good post. I think Karma is the most catchy. I also really like "Dominion" (Mark Vanderbilt on vox). I wouldn't say them better about Conception.

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. :drink: