New Helloween album coming....

Dark Star

Saw this on blabbermouth....

HELLOWEEN: Audio Samples Of Entire '7 Sinners' Album Available - Sep. 13, 2010

German power metal veterans HELLOWEEN will release their 13th studio album, "7 Sinners", in North America on November 9 via The End Records.

Audio samples of all 13 tracks that are set to appear on the CD can be found on the web site of CeDe, which is said to be the most complete and up-to-date multimedia shop in Switzerland.

If there is a golden thread throughout the more than 25 years of HELLOWEEN's history, 13 studio albums, countless headliner tours around the globe and more than 5 million records sold, then it is their special kind of attitude: don't take yourself too seriously and simply live statements like "just have fun with the shit you're doing." Maybe it is exactly this easiness that allows HELLOWEEN to be one of the most constant bands of the genre while simultaneously being the one band who dares to experiment more than their musical peers.

While some copycats would rather stick with the same old patterns, Andi Deris, Michael Weikath, Sascha Gerstner, Markus Großkopf and Dani Löble aren't afraid of taking risks — and are rightfully rewarded with success.

"7 Sinners" is definitively one of the fastest and hardest albums in the HELLOWEEN's history and it bursts with vitality. That might partly be due to the versatility of the various songwriters within the band, who over time have become so homogenous, that the 13 songs formed a unity on their own in the studio , but it may also be due to the fact that the album was recorded completely without a click track, which, considering the extreme speed of the songs is an impressive feat. Especially drummer Löble, who proves that his technique is at a world-class-level. Following his excellent inner clock, bass and drums drive tracks like "Are You Metal?", "Long Live The King" and "Who Is Mr. Madman?" to dizzying tempos. "7 Sinners", with its typically strong melodies and the tangible joy of playing, is a true metal album whose range reaches astonishing dimensions.

It has become a cliche for metal band's to tout their newest opus as their "fastest" or "heaviest" album ever made, but in HELLOWEEN's case, "7 Sinners" is truly a return to form and is indeed their fastest and heaviest release in years. HELLOWEEN bass player Markus Grosskopf stated about the band's new material: "For all those out there who found our special best-of [CD] 'Unarmed' to be too smooth and calm, I have great news: The new album will hit you right in the face! It's gonna be very heavy and contain all [the classic] HELLOWEEN trademarks! Some songs are very powerful and hymnic, others contain the fastest bass-drum patterns our drummer Dani ever played, and this means a lot!"

"7 Sinners" track listing:

01. Where The Sinners Go

02. Are You Metal?

03. Who is Mr. Madman?

04. Raise The Noise

05. World Of Fantasy

06. Long Live The King

07. The Smile Of The Sun

08. You Stupid Mankind

09. If A Mountain Could Talk

10. The Sage, The Fool, The Sinner

11. My Sacrifice

12. Not Yet Today

13. Far In The Future

CHeck out the sound samples here...

http://www.cede.ch/de/music-cd/frames/right.cfm?aobj=858288&mp_type=popup

And the cover art....

helloween7cover.jpg

Sounds pretty damn GOOD to Me!!! :headbanger:

Yay. Now I can move on and pretend that UNARMED thing never existed.

I passed on that Unarmed and the Jukebox releases but have loved all of the studio stuff since Master of the Rings. :headbanger:

METAL JUKEBOX is kinda hit or miss (like any covers album) but it has its moments.... love the versions of Faith No More's "From Out of Nowhere" and Scorpions' "He's a Woman (She's a Man)" on there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Still don't have this album... hoping that maybe Santa will bring it to me...

However, the video for the single "Are You Metal?" is currently available in the Music Choice On Demand selection of music videos on my cable system so I have played it a bunch of times in the past week... yesterday I overheard my eight year old crooning to himself, "Are you metal, heavy metal? Are yoooooouuuu? Aaaaarrrrrre yooooooouuuu?"

I sez "That's my boy!"

:rofl:

Still don't have this album... hoping that maybe Santa will bring it to me...

However, the video for the single "Are You Metal?" is currently available in the Music Choice On Demand selection of music videos on my cable system so I have played it a bunch of times in the past week... yesterday I overheard my eight year old crooning to himself, "Are you metal, heavy metal? Are yoooooouuuu? Aaaaarrrrrre yooooooouuuu?"

I sez "That's my boy!"

:rofl:

You are a great dad. :headbanger:

You are a great dad. :headbanger:

I'm doin' my best to raise the boys right. :lol: Both kids got a kick out of the video, they liked when the Pumpkinhead guy gives the devil horns at the beginning.

Thankfully the "Saw" inspired visuals in the rest of the video seemed to go right over both of their heads. I wouldn't want to inadvertently inspire a future serial killer or anything :rofl2:

• 1 year later...

Saw this on blabbermouth....

HELLOWEEN: Audio Samples Of Entire '7 Sinners' Album Available - Sep. 13, 2010

German power metal veterans HELLOWEEN will release their 13th studio album, "7 Sinners", in North America on November 9 via The End Records.

Audio samples of all 13 tracks that are set to appear on the CD can be found on the web site of CeDe, which is said to be the most complete and up-to-date multimedia shop in Switzerland.

If there is a golden thread throughout the more than 25 years of HELLOWEEN's history, 13 studio albums, countless headliner tours around the globe and more than 5 million records sold, then it is their special kind of attitude: don't take yourself too seriously and simply live statements like "just have fun with the shit you're doing." Maybe it is exactly this easiness that allows HELLOWEEN to be one of the most constant bands of the genre while simultaneously being the one band who dares to experiment more than their musical peers.

While some copycats would rather stick with the same old patterns, Andi Deris, Michael Weikath, Sascha Gerstner, Markus Großkopf and Dani Löble aren't afraid of taking risks — and are rightfully rewarded with success.

"7 Sinners" is definitively one of the fastest and hardest albums in the HELLOWEEN's history and it bursts with vitality. That might partly be due to the versatility of the various songwriters within the band, who over time have become so homogenous, that the 13 songs formed a unity on their own in the studio , but it may also be due to the fact that the album was recorded completely without a click track, which, considering the extreme speed of the songs is an impressive feat. Especially drummer Löble, who proves that his technique is at a world-class-level. Following his excellent inner clock, bass and drums drive tracks like "Are You Metal?", "Long Live The King" and "Who Is Mr. Madman?" to dizzying tempos. "7 Sinners", with its typically strong melodies and the tangible joy of playing, is a true metal album whose range reaches astonishing dimensions.

It has become a cliche for metal band's to tout their newest opus as their "fastest" or "heaviest" album ever made, but in HELLOWEEN's case, "7 Sinners" is truly a return to form and is indeed their fastest and heaviest release in years. HELLOWEEN bass player Markus Grosskopf stated about the band's new material: "For all those out there who found our special best-of [CD] 'Unarmed' to be too smooth and calm, I have great news: The new album will hit you right in the face! It's gonna be very heavy and contain all [the classic] HELLOWEEN trademarks! Some songs are very powerful and hymnic, others contain the fastest bass-drum patterns our drummer Dani ever played, and this means a lot!"

"7 Sinners" track listing:

01. Where The Sinners Go

02. Are You Metal?

03. Who is Mr. Madman?

04. Raise The Noise

05. World Of Fantasy

06. Long Live The King

07. The Smile Of The Sun

08. You Stupid Mankind

09. If A Mountain Could Talk

10. The Sage, The Fool, The Sinner

11. My Sacrifice

12. Not Yet Today

13. Far In The Future

CHeck out the sound samples here...

http://www.cede.ch/de/music-cd/frames/right.cfm?aobj=858288&mp_type=popup

And the cover art....

helloween7cover.jpg

Sounds pretty damn GOOD to Me!!! :headbanger:

This album is soooo good and possibly their heaviest album to date along with Dark Ride.