Rush movie: Beyond The Lighted Stage

RichieZ

This should be a cool documentary on Rush, came out on June 10 and the DVD release is June 29.

Got the following info from moviefone.com:

Toronto-based power trio Rush was formed in 1968 by guitarist Alex Lifeson, bassist and singer Geddy Lee and drummer John Rutsey; the band made their way through the Canadian bar scene until they signed a recording deal and released their self-titled debut album in 1974. However, it wasn't until Rutsey left the group and Neil Peart signed on as their new drummer that Rush's signature sound took shape, a muscular variation on progressive rock marked by the keen instrumental prowess of all three members and the lyrically and musically adventurous songwriting of Peart. With little help from the music press or mainstream radio, Rush grew into a commercial powerhouse, releasing a long string of multi-platinum albums and playing sold out shows in North America and Europe. A notoriously reclusive band, Rush offer their fans a rare and intimate behind-the-scenes look into their music and their career in the documentary Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage, which features exclusive interviews with the members of the group and footage of them on and off stage as well as contributions from a number of famous fans, from Kirk Hammett of Metallica and Gene Simmons of Kiss to Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails and actor and musician Jack Black. Directed by Scott McFadyen and Sam Dunn, Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage received its world premiere at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival. - Mark Deming, All Movie Guide

Movie Info

Theatrical Release Date:06/10/2010DVD Release Date:06/29/2010Rating:Not Yet RatedRun Time:106 min.Director(s):Sam Dunn, Scot McFadyenGenre(s):Documentary, Special InterestLanguage:English

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HeavyMetalMerchant

Essential I would say - have not really seen anything but positive response to this film. Look like a job well done although rush have always been a class act.

I wanted to catch this when it ran on VH1 Classic a week or so ago but missed it :cussing: Hopefully it'll be re-run again soon.

I wanted to catch this when it ran on VH1 Classic a week or so ago but missed it :cussing: Hopefully it'll be re-run again soon.

They replayed it on Sunday twice and I was able to record it but havne't had a chance to watch it yet. The other replays from the looks of it is a shorter version. The one I recorded says it's 2 1/2 hours the other re-runs showed only a 1 1/2. Not sure my cable company had that wrong or not.

Finished watching this today and I gotta say that this might be the best documentary I've seen yet.

Sam Dunn and his partner(can't remember his name) have out done themselves with this one.

After watching this it makes me want to go out and buy every Rush cd ever released.

Also loved the the footage that played during the credits at the end where it shows the very human side of the band enjoying a little wine while having dinner and cracking jokes(even Neil was in on the jokes).

I've slowly over the last 8 or 10 years started liking Rush more and more but after watching this I have a whole new respect/love for their music and the path they followed over the years.

Finished watching this today and I gotta say that this might be the best documentary I've seen yet.

Sam Dunn and his partner(can't remember his name) have out done themselves with this one.

After watching this it makes me want to go out and buy every Rush cd ever released.

Also loved the the footage that played during the credits at the end where it shows the very human side of the band enjoying a little wine while having dinner and cracking jokes(even Neil was in on the jokes).

I've slowly over the last 8 or 10 years started liking Rush more and more but after watching this I have a whole new respect/love for their music and the path they followed over the years.

Glad you liked it Wes, my Blu-Ray came today, really looking forward to watching it.

Out of interest, which Rush cd`s do you have?

Fantastic band, with not a bad album in their catalogue.

Glad you liked it Wes, my Blu-Ray came today, really looking forward to watching it.

Out of interest, which Rush cd`s do you have?

Fantastic band, with not a bad album in their catalogue.

I only have a two disc retrospective up through the Presto disc called 'Chronicles' and I have the 'Vapor Trails' disc as well. I've always meant to get more of the back catalog but there always seemed to be something else out that I wanted more. I would love to get all of the studio discs remastered and I've been keeping my eye on them for some time.