Sonic Syndicate

Straydog211

Any info on the release date of this? It was suppose to come out in April, but didn't. Now Amazon is listing it as a preorder date of June 2. And its priced at around $30. This is one of my anticpate albums of the year, and everytime it gets a release date it gets pushed back again. Anybody heard whats going on?

Album is due 30th July. Apparently the label weren't happy with the mixing so it's all been done again. The single "Revolution, Baby" was due out in April but only ended up coming out last week. Great band, love the new (English) singer, and the two singles so far have been killer...

100 % backed Tim. The new singer sounds great. The single was great. Strange with the mixing. Wasn't it Toby Wright that mixed that album. He usually makes great mixes IMO.

I they will take a big leap forward with the new singer. They have high potential. :party421:

Here is the latest vidoe of the song of Revolution Baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI9HelMItEA

It doesn't impress me at all. Burn this city was many times better,,,,

Big melodies in the second half of that song, but it's not as melodic. I like it though...

I have always been a fan of Sonic Syndicate. I love the new singer, but I think I will miss the original. Their song off their last album, "My Escape" was an awesome power ballad that just totally blew me away. One thing that kinda puzzles me is that some consider this group a death metal band. I just don't see any death metal in this. To me it kinda reminds me a little of Bullet for My Valentine. This band and also Soilwork both have been considered death metal....to me I just heard screaming and singing from the two vocalists. In Flames & Children of Bodom have been said to have death metal in thier music as well. When I think of death metal i think of bands like "Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, and stuff like that....and I hear none of that in the above bands I mentioned.

I have always been a fan of Sonic Syndicate. I love the new singer, but I think I will miss the original. Their song off their last album, "My Escape" was an awesome power ballad that just totally blew me away. One thing that kinda puzzles me is that some consider this group a death metal band. I just don't see any death metal in this. To me it kinda reminds me a little of Bullet for My Valentine. This band and also Soilwork both have been considered death metal....to me I just heard screaming and singing from the two vocalists. In Flames & Children of Bodom have been said to have death metal in thier music as well. When I think of death metal i think of bands like "Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, and stuff like that....and I hear none of that in the above bands I mentioned.

It's called Melodic DM because of the growling-style of vocals, but it doesn't have any of the other characteristics of DM so it seems strange to me too. Same is true of Scar Symmetry. DM usually has deathly-lyrics which none of these bands really have., though Deathcore has changed all that as those bands rarely use those lyrical topics. Sonic Syndicate are just Melodic Metal band IMO...

'My escape' still blows me away when it strikes my ears on my Ipod - just stunning... were there any other songs on that CD? :lol:

'My escape' still blows me away when it strikes my ears on my Ipod - just stunning... were there any other songs on that CD? :lol:

I thought "Fallout" was marginally a better song than "My Escape" - killer chorus on that one. Agree it was hit & miss though...

• 1 month later...