Remake of Robocop? It better NOT suck....

Dark Star

Don't hold your breath. This movie has been hung up in Development Hell for a couple of years now so I'll be surprised if it ever gets made at all.

That said, the original "RoboCop" is my favorite movie of all time and should not be f*cked with, so if a remake ever DOES get made, I hope it dies a horrible death at the box office.

While I'm not vehemently opposed to Robocop being remade, it's completely unnecessary, as the original still holds up very well today. Just watched it a couple of weeks ago (the gory Director's Cut, of course) and I really don't see what they can improve.

I'm keen to see how this and the other slated remakes will turn out (Judge Dredd and The Crow....touchy stuff there ;) )

All I can say is i'm looking forward to it...but they better not fuck with any of these films too much xD

Don't start lining up @ the multiplex just yet, anyone... found this news bit on Sci-Fi Wire, dated January of this year.

James Cameron may have succeeded in doing something the nefarious OCP couldn't: stop RoboCop.

That is, Darren Aronofsky's proposed remake of the classic sci-fi movie RoboCop is on hold now, partly because Mary Parent, chairperson of MGM, wants to make it in 3-D, a la Avatar, and director Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain) isn't so hot on the idea.

Here's how our buddies at Moviehole reported it:

'Nash' from the OCP-lovin' RoboCop Archive dropped me a line earlier today, stating that "I've spoken with Phoenix Pictures [and] asked them about the status of ROBOCOP... they told me that the project is on hold. The problem is that Mary Parent, Chairperson of MGM, wants a 3D movie for the new ROBOCOP. But ,as you know, Darren Aronofsky is a real artist and he's not interested in Gimmicks like,3D,CGI,Filming digital, he wants to do everything as real (organic) as possible just like The Fountain."

Another possible complication is the fact that MGM is in dire financial straits and may not be in a position to green-light the movie, even if they do come to some kind of agreement with Aronofsky over a creative direction.

I'm keen to see how this and the other slated remakes will turn out (Judge Dredd and The Crow....touchy stuff there ;) )

All I can say is i'm looking forward to it...but they better not fuck with any of these films too much xD

A Remake of The Crow??? Without Bandon Lee I am really not interested...... Not after I recorded the Crow 2 City of Angels and HATED it..... :whistle:

That said, the original "RoboCop" is my favorite movie of all time and should not be f*cked with, so if a remake ever DOES get made, I hope it dies a horrible death at the box office.

True, but I am curious what Aronofsky's interpretation would be like (if it ever goes ahead). Probably dark and depressing, that's for sure.