Legacy (Canada) & Railjack Union

Wanted to give everyone a heads up on both bands,

Legacy - Legacy (1996)

Legacy is a three piece Hard Rock band hailing from Toronto, Canada.. different from the just released Eonian records 'Legacy..

Surprised there hasn't been much talk if any about them, they seriously rock

The album is silver pressed if you dig their music

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/legacyrock

Railjack Unions album always seemed to sell well when auctioned.. So its cool to see theyre selling the selftitled & plan on releasing new material. Looking forward to more from these guys, I've owned an original for a couple years now so I'm unsure if the CDbaby release is silver pressed. Regardless I know they will gain some new listeners

Heres what Dave (Guitarist) posted over at sleazeroxx

Thanks for the kind words. I am a founding member and songwriter/ guitarist for Railjack Union.

We have 2 more albums coming out shortly.

"Room 101" recorded in 1996 and never released previously, will be released mid 2010

"Don't Drop Your Rockets" is being currently recorded and will be released late 2010 or early 2011.

We are available on itunes and CD Baby.

Great to see that classic hard rock is still alive and well

Dave Cheek,

Guitar

Railjack Union

http://www.myspace.com/railjackunion

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/RailjackUnion

Both of those bands sound good to me, Very Cool...

Am always wary of buying any CD that has the CDBaby (LEGACY) or Audio & Video Labs, Inc. (RAILJACK UNION) UPC listed. Most turn out to be just Diamond Silver Bottom CDRs manufactured by Disc Makers but CDBaby doesn't list it as a CDR usually. Alot of companies these days are giving bands a false notion that it is OK to say a Diamond Silver Bottom CDR is silver pressed since they look almost alike to a replicated CD.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a message to CD Baby and they told me the Railjack Union CDs are the original pressings from 1994. I went ahead and ordered one, so I'll find out for sure once it arrives. I've been after this CD for a while, thanks whiskeyblooze!

I sent a message to CD Baby and they told me the Railjack Union CDs are the original pressings from 1994. I went ahead and ordered one, so I'll find out for sure once it arrives. I've been after this CD for a while, thanks whiskeyblooze!

That got my hopes up for a minute, then I looked at the same CD being sold at other music shops online and each lists the same barcode which is Audio & Video Labs, Inc. (a name Disc Makers uses). So, I doubt it will be an original 1994 copy, maybe they just meant the music is from 1994?

That got my hopes up for a minute, then I looked at the same CD being sold at other music shops online and each lists the same barcode which is Audio & Video Labs, Inc. (a name Disc Makers uses). So, I doubt it will be an original 1994 copy, maybe they just meant the music is from 1994?

Here is the question I sent: "Hello, can you tell me if the Railjack Union CDs you are selling original pressings from 1994, or are they reissues. If they are reissues, are they silver pressed CDs or CD-Rs?"

Here is the exact quote back I got: "Yes, it looks like they are the 1994 pressing."

So we will soon see.

Looks like CDBaby is almost out too.

Wouldn't you rather have the music and support the bands no matter what "format" the music is pressed on or just not listen to it at all? I guess I just don't understand that way of thinking... "it has to be silver-pressed or I don't wanna hear it at all". Who cares? The Diamond cd-r's are sold by many different outlets and by bands themselves. Why would you not to want to support the bands? To each his own , but it doesn't make any sense to me.

In the 80s , I didn't go out and buy manufactured cassettes that ONLY said CHROMIUM BIAS on them. I didn't buy vinyl that ONLY said Super Audiophile on them. It's crazy that people would rather not enjoy good music because it's a diamond-bottom cd-r rather than a 'silver replicated' disc. The music sounds EXACTLY the same. The inserts are EXACTLY the same. Do you buy a cd for the color of a disc or for the music thats on the disc?

Very silly.

Wouldn't you rather have the music and support the bands no matter what "format" the music is pressed on or just not listen to it at all? I guess I just don't understand that way of thinking... "it has to be silver-pressed or I don't wanna hear it at all". Who cares? The Diamond cd-r's are sold by many different outlets and by bands themselves. Why would you not to want to support the bands? To each his own , but it doesn't make any sense to me.

In the 80s , I didn't go out and buy manufactured cassettes that ONLY said CHROMIUM BIAS on them. I didn't buy vinyl that ONLY said Super Audiophile on them. It's crazy that people would rather not enjoy good music because it's a diamond-bottom cd-r rather than a 'silver replicated' disc. The music sounds EXACTLY the same. The inserts are EXACTLY the same. Do you buy a cd for the color of a disc or for the music thats on the disc?

Very silly.

Anyhoo....for those of us who are silly, the Railjack Union appears to be an original pressing on Europa from 1994. I've seen a lot of silver pressed reissues, and this appears not to be one to me. However it appears CD Baby is out now.

Very silly.

I think this subject has been covered ad naseum, hasn't it? Do we really have to get into it again?

Anyhoo....for those of us who are silly, the Railjack Union appears to be an original pressing on Europa from 1994. I've seen a lot of silver pressed reissues, and this appears not to be one to me. However it appears CD Baby is out now.

Cool. Is there a barcode on the tray of the version you got?