fate

dokken

went to see fate this friday in my home town, they did put on a killer show with lots of keyboard, not much people though, around 50 people attended at the show. they played all their hits plus one new song taken from their new best of cd.

yes only the bass player left from the original line up. new singer was very good though. funny thing is that many people tend to think that glam & melodic rock is huge in sweden to the fact that there is coming so many new bands from here. went to see faster pussycat/enuff z nuff on the same bill about two months ago, only 100 people or so was there. anyway, i have bai bang in two weeks, not the best band but anyway. and chris laney a month later. crazy lixx, h.e.a.t & wolf are coming this summer as well!

So what's up with Fate these days? Didn't even know they were still going, assumed they broke up completely. It's been 5 years since 'V' now hasn't it? What was the new song like and will there be a new album with the current line-up? What happened to the rest of the band? Why'd they go?

50 people? OMFG, we get more people at our gigs every Saturday and we are only a covers band for christ's sake. What size of venue were they playing? obviously not a major one, but probably a pretty decent sized hall/ club I would imagine. I know they were never a big name like Europe etc, but that is ridiculous. Would love to see Fate live, but it seems unfortunately not many others do anymore.

50 people? OMFG, we get more people at our gigs every Saturday and we are only a covers band for christ's sake. What size of venue were they playing? obviously not a major one, but probably a pretty decent sized hall/ club I would imagine. I know they were never a big name like Europe etc, but that is ridiculous. Would love to see Fate live, but it seems unfortunately not many others do anymore.

Backed. I would hand over a testicle as payment to see them live.

So what's up with Fate these days? Didn't even know they were still going, assumed they broke up completely. It's been 5 years since 'V' now hasn't it? What was the new song like and will there be a new album with the current line-up? What happened to the rest of the band? Why'd they go?

At the gig I went to in Munich, Fate was supposed to also have the original drummer Bjarne Holm. But pulled out as he landed a plum gig playing around Europe with a jazz band... Fate apparently almost pulled out of that gig if they couldnt find a replacement. I'm guessing Hank & Mattias have better paying gigs to be bothered with Fate while Jeff & keysman & other guitarists have moved on. Years ago though, around 2003? a few German mates of mine saw Jeff live with his Beatles? covers band in Copenhagen. Wonder if that covers band are still together...?...

they played at this bar that might take around 300 people. they have this best of out here in scanadinavia with two new songs on (with the new line-up). as for a new album i really don´t know but there will probably as they are still active. sad that people are so damn comfortable that they can´t go down to the show for a couple of beers & some good music, the tickerts where only around $ 9, & that ain´t much money in my book to go see a band! check out: www.fateband.dk for some info as well!