Negative - Neon

Stefan

Negative are about to unleash their new creation, Neon, upon the world in June.

Take a listen to their new single, End Of The Line here

Here's some info from their website:

End of the Line (03.03.2010)

New single ”End of the Line” will be available later this spring in Germany and the U.S.
NEGATIVE ALBUM "NEON" TO BE RELEASED IN FINLAND, EUROPE AND ASIA IN JUNE Release date in Finland 2.6.2010 (25.02.2010)

The Finnish forefront rock band and export act Negative is due to release their fifth album June 2nd. The new album, titled "Neon", has been recorded at the Broken Wave –studios in Los Angeles with Warren Riker as the engineer / assistant producer and Jimmy Westerlund as the producer. Riker has worked with artists like Michael Jackson, Korn and Santana.

The production
"Neon" is a milestone in Negative’s career. A lot has been invested in the production – the material has been polished to perfection before entering the studios under the supervision of Jeff Blue. Mr Blue is an award-winning music producer and A&R who discovered Linkin Park among others. The singer Jonne Aaron’s vocal scale stretches wider than ever and the band’s playing comes together brilliantly on this upcoming album. Aaron has composed an album filled to the brim with emotional stadium rock.

Release
"Neon" is also the first Negative album to be released in Europe and Asia simultaneously. The record will be released in Finland and Europe by Warner Music and JVC Music in Asia.

The first single and video
The first single taken from the album, "End of the Line", will be distributed to radio stations March 1st, and will be followed by a music video later in the Spring. Jonne Aaron describes the album as “melody rich and comprehensive string of pearls with a twist”.

Negative is a Tampere-based rock band founded in 1997, who broke through with their debut album "War of Love" (2003) and hit track "The Moment of Our Love" taken from the album. The five man group has sold 150 000 albums and received a number of gold records. The band was proud to take home an MTV Music Award as the best Finnish Act in 2007. They have toured in Japan, China, Mexico, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria , Hungary, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, the Czech Republic and France besides Finland.

Track list:
1. No One Can Save Me Tonight
2. End Of The Line
3. Love That I Lost
4. Blood On Blood
5. Believe
6. Celestial Summer
7. Jealous Sky
8. Days I`m Living For
9. Since You`ve Been Gone
10. Kiss Of Hope
11. Fucking Worthless
12. Neon Rain

:party421:

Hoping this CD really delivers as I've really gone off this band quite a bit. Would be nice for this release to pull me back in.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I must give them credit for this one. I was quickly losing interest in this band, but I think this new one is quite easily their best album yet. From above I quote: "Aaron has composed an album filled to the brim with emotional stadium rock."

And thankfully, that's pretty much what we have here. Very melodic, emotive anthem-type tunes. I have enjoyed a few of their previous albums (the debut and 'Karma Killer' particularly), but this one does seem to far exceed any previous effort. Well worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just arrived yeasterday and it is a really very good album indeed, maybe their best yet, as Geoff says above. Looking forward to spending more time with this little beauty.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I think Geoff is right in that it's their best album, although all the others have a lot to recommend also. Great band with a solid discography