Blue Oyster Cult

Faron

I`ve probably asked this before, would like to have a listen to some of their stuff, where do I start, what is the suggested best albums etc?

Cheers :beerbang:

I`ve probably asked this before, would like to have a listen to some of their stuff, where do I start, what is the suggested best albums etc?

Cheers :beerbang:

I am fond to:

FIRES OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN

CLUB NINJA

REVOLUTIONS BY NIGHT

Classic melodic rock Brudda!!! :headbanger:

probably my all time favorite US early 70's hard rock band(never cared 'bout dust, sir lord baltimore, animals, mc5,despite that BOc covered some tunes of them etc etc) although their best one is "fires..." from 81. get their double cd "workshop of telescopes" (best of). it's great for the begining. but you'll need more. especially their first 3 live lps.

Great band Faron with an extensive back catologue. The early stuff is good, although a little patchy for me if truth be told, and it wasn't until the third album 'Secret Treaties' that they really took off imo. The 80's stuff is a lot more AOR orientated and my favourite period of the band (Mirrors up to Imaginos),. There are no really bad albums at all in their catologue, and all have something to offer. Go for the remasters (all albums up to Cultosarus Erectus) if you can as they all include bonus tracks( and in 'Some Enchanted Evening's case, a bonus Live DVD aswell which is an excellent package)and are far superior to the original versions.

If you just want an introduction to the band, go for the excellent 'Workshop Of The Telescopes' 2CD compilation, which whilst not complete, features a good selection of stuff.

Must Have's:

Cultosarus Erectus

Fire Of Unknown Origin

Spectres

Secret Treaties

Imaginos

Some Enchanted Evening (Live)

Recommended:

Agents Of Fortune

Mirrors

The Revolution By Night

Heaven Forbid

The Curse Of The Hidden Mirror

Be Careful:

S/T

Tyranny And Mutation

As strange as it may seem... my favorite BOC release is "Mirrors".

It's a little different from most BOC but there is something that draws me to the release. Some pretty cool lyrics in some of the songs.