NICKELBACK in "quite good live show" shock

TIM (2)

Saw these two at Wembley last night, was a pretty entertaining set & Daughtry playing was a surprise as I had no idea who the support act would be. Sadly his voice wasn't that special live & they didn't really pull off the better songs, so it was only okay. He has pretty much no stage presence either. Nickelback were pretty damn good though, Chad is a very talented guitarist & sure knows how to work the crowd. Unfortunately their material is too hit & miss to sustain them for a full 2 hour concert meaning for every "Gotta Be Somebody" there is a "RockStar" or "If Today Was Your Last Day". If you want big entertainment & don't mind sitting through a few dodgy/cheesy singalong tunes then go see them....

I've never seen them (and never would for the ticket prices they fetch) but I too have heard, from nuetral sources, that they're actually an excellent live band.

I've also seen them twice and will be at that show this April at the Sprint Center!!! Section 115 row 12 Where are your seats metalhead69?

I also can't wait to see Shinedown!!!

We have sec. 108 row 11...by the way you can call me Steve since we're practically neighbors ;)

Are you going to see Vince Neil, Cheap Trick or Anvil? I would like to see all 3 if my funds will let me...

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Nickelback open for Bon Jovi in Giants Stadium a few years back. I thought they were very good. I'd go see them again, at least in the right package/for the right price. (Price was $10 then, so I wasn't complaining at ALL about anything for that show... well, other than the price of a Coors Light. But after awhile, even that was insignificant. :beerbang: )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Went to see Nickelback last night in Kansas City & once again they simply kicked ass!! This was my 3rd time seeing them & they seem to get better every time. Shinedown was also on the bill & it was my 1st time seeing them live & they were excellent as well...They did a scorching acoustic version of Skynyrd's "Simple Man" & had the crowd in a state of frenzy (that's the reason I think they had Shinedown play 2nd after Sick Puppies & before Breaking Benjamin as not to upstage Nickelback :lol:)

I also went to this show and it also being my third time seeing them I thought it was the worst of the 3.

I was a little confused, I thought I paid to go listen to Nickelback play their music, what I got was Chad talking about how much he wanted to drink drink drink and then sprinkled in some songs. When they played it was great but the continuity of the concert was never there. Nickelback should take some lessons from Shinedown who rocked. Chad, shutup and play some music. I would've liked to hear more from Shinedown myself as they were the highlight of the night for me.

I also went to this show and it also being my third time seeing them I thought it was the worst of the 3.

I was a little confused, I thought I paid to go listen to Nickelback play their music, what I got was Chad talking about how much he wanted to drink drink drink and then sprinkled in some songs. When they played it was great but the continuity of the concert was never there. Nickelback should take some lessons from Shinedown who rocked. Chad, shutup and play some music. I would've liked to hear more from Shinedown myself as they were the highlight of the night for me.

You do have a good point about that although his onstage banter doesn't bother me as much as some other bands because he seems to really be having a good time & it doesn't seemed forced. They did leave out some songs that I really wanted hear like "NEVER AGAIN", "FOLLOW YOU HOME", "ALL THE RIGHT REASONS" & "SIDE OF A BULLET" but I'll survive...Yes Shinedown should've played longer, would love to see them headline their own tour! Damn I forgot from the earlier posts' that you were going to this show...we could've said hello in person :drink: