You Me At Six

Glen

Very good new modern rock album which was released around the 10th - i got it off itunes and havent checked if there's a hard copy for all you emo types out there ;-)

http://www.myspace.com/youmeatsix

Massive dollops of Nural and Monty Are I featured and really I was struggling to find more than one or two fillers. The gems definitely outweigh the fillers in any case.

'Underdog' and 'The Consequence' should give you an idea what we are talking about, but there are a couple of good ballads too.

This is probably the first true 'modern' release ive heard this year bit even after one listen i would have had no hesitation in slotting this into my top 10 for 09.

Worth a listen.

Cheers

God this band are irritating. They are all over Kerrang! and Scuzz TV and that bloody "Underdog" song drives me mad. They're not a bad band at all, just overhyped/played. I'd definitely take FOREVER THE SICKEST KIDS and the excellent ALL TIME LOW over them, and FALL OUT BOY crush them. Not something I'd turn off the radio/TV but not something I'd want to buy either....

God this band are irritating. They are all over Kerrang! and Scuzz TV and that bloody "Underdog" song drives me mad. They're not a bad band at all, just overhyped/played. I'd definitely take FOREVER THE SICKEST KIDS and the excellent ALL TIME LOW over them, and FALL OUT BOY crush them. Not something I'd turn off the radio/TV but not something I'd want to buy either....

In fairness, 'Underdog' is probably the worst song on the album.

Some really good tracks on this one.

By the way Tim, do you seriously watch KERRANG! TV ?? Man that is sad.........15 songs on rotation!

Id never heard of these guys, so I found the album good actually, a mix of styles throughout.

Haha. I was just going on about these guys in my Soundwave thread. I've only heard the album once but I did like what I heard. There seemed like quite a few good songs and I definitely preferred it to the new Lostprophets disc. Will be seeing them live on February 21st. :)

Haha. I was just going on about these guys in my Soundwave thread. I've only heard the album once but I did like what I heard. There seemed like quite a few good songs and I definitely preferred it to the new Lostprophets disc. Will be seeing them live on February 21st. :)

Yeah, ignore that bar humbug Tim ( ;) ).....this is pretty good stuff!

By the way Tim, do you seriously watch KERRANG! TV ?? Man that is sad.........15 songs on rotation!

Id never heard of these guys, so I found the album good actually, a mix of styles throughout.

Well Kerrang! TV may be sad, but YMAS is exactly the type of music they play constantly. I usually just flick, but this song is always on it. Like I said, I don't mind them but I'd never buy this stuff.... Sorry mate, but the fact that this would've made your Top 10 list for 2009 says everything about the quality of some of the Modern discs in 2009!

Well Kerrang! TV may be sad, but YMAS is exactly the type of music they play constantly. I usually just flick, but this song is always on it. Like I said, I don't mind them but I'd never buy this stuff.... Sorry mate, but the fact that this would've made your Top 10 list for 2009 says everything about the quality of some of the Modern discs in 2009!

on further listens i postively retract that comment. 100%

I stand by that 2009 top 10 as all excellent.

You know I kinda think it's more that I just lost interest in a lot of the Modern Pop/Rock stuff in the latter part of 2009. Even albums I would otherwise have really liked (expect the Monty Are I comes under that category) got lost as I think there are so many albums in that style coming out. Think the whole Modern Rock genre needs a big holocaust where only the best bands survive and everyone else dies (like the Screamo/Metalcore genre needs). Then you see the quantity replaced by quality....

You know I kinda think it's more that I just lost interest in a lot of the Modern Pop/Rock stuff in the latter part of 2009. Even albums I would otherwise have really liked (expect the Monty Are I comes under that category) got lost as I think there are so many albums in that style coming out. Think the whole Modern Rock genre needs a big holocaust where only the best bands survive and everyone else dies (like the Screamo/Metalcore genre needs). Then you see the quantity replaced by quality....

If there are 2 modern releases you should go for in 2009 then its Monty Are I and Coldrain. Both are excellent and i would be amazed if you didnt like them. MAI more melodic, Coldrain, hard hitting.

Cheers

I agree to a degree, but your liking Fall Out Boy baffles the living hell out of me, because as far as I'm concerned they're way, way down the bottom of the genre we're discussing yet you seem to adore them. Amazes me.

Did any of you guys hear the Boys Like Girls or Sunstreak discs from 2009?

I agree to a degree, but your liking Fall Out Boy baffles the living hell out of me, because as far as I'm concerned they're way, way down the bottom of the genre we're discussing yet you seem to adore them. Amazes me.

Did any of you guys hear the Boys Like Girls or Sunstreak discs from 2009?

Boys Like Girls, yeah....a bit too sticky for me mate. Still havent heard that Sunstreak tho, might spotify soon.

Well FOB are really a different style, not really Modern Rock IMO. But I do love their last album and they sure know how to write a catchy tune. Nothing I'd particularly rave over though....