Apple buys LaLa.com

& then

• 2023 Gold Donors

By Jefferson Graham, USA TODAY

Maybe music consumers don't have to own their songs anymore.

After years of resisting efforts to offer music fans the ability to "rent" music instead of buying downloads, Apple is finally joining the party.

Apple's (AAPL) purchase of online music service Lala brings the No. 1 music retailer into the streaming music business. Apple declined to discuss its plans for the service, and Lala officials didn't respond to requests for an interview.

However, music industry analysts say the purchase is Apple's realization that it needed to be involved in the "cloud" computing movement, which could eventually bring major changes to the iTunes Store.

"The idea of paying 99 cents a track to fill my iPod – I don't need that anymore," says Ted Cohen, a managing partner at TAG Strategic, a music industry consulting firm. "That era is over."

more here....

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2009-12-...pple08_ST_N.htm

I was just on LaLa the other day and saw that they no longer traded cds. They have a deal with swaptree.com where you can upload your want and have lists. Swaptree is pretty bad. You trade discs 1 for 1 and you you have to look at your whole available list to see what is available to you. It is pretty time consuming. I looked through almost 1200 listings and found 1 I was interested in. But while lala was operating I made out like a bandit.

• 2023 Gold Donors
I was just on LaLa the other day and saw that they no longer traded cds. They have a deal with swaptree.com where you can upload your want and have lists. Swaptree is pretty bad. You trade discs 1 for 1 and you you have to look at your whole available list to see what is available to you. It is pretty time consuming. I looked through almost 1200 listings and found 1 I was interested in. But while lala was operating I made out like a bandit.

Yep, I didn't know that LaLa had changed & went away from tradin' music til I visited the site a few months ago. Perhaps they weren't makin' enough money from the trades, however I thought that was both one of the main reasons for the site as well as further encouraged more tradin'. I dunno, it seems more & more sites want to go with the streamin', downloads &/or torrent type of stuff. Hopefully this newer trend won't be permanent, but who knows....save the Shadow! :P

• My Little Pony
I dunno, it seems more & more sites want to go with the streamin', downloads &/or torrent type of stuff. Hopefully this newer trend won't be permanent, but who knows....save the Shadow! :P

Yeah, I'd take silver pressing and a little booklet over digital music, any day. I don't understand the 'convenience'.

I dunno, it seems more & more sites want to go with the streamin', downloads &/or torrent type of stuff. Hopefully this newer trend won't be permanent, but who knows....save the Shadow! :P

Yeah, I'd take silver pressing and a little booklet over digital music, any day. I don't understand the 'convenience'.

most of my cds gather dust in a box :-(

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here ya go Glen....

057893.jpg

& the feather duster may come in handy, too.....:P

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here ya go Glen....

057893.jpg

& the feather duster may come in handy, too.....:P

what?.......not to your likin'......then perhaps she will keep those dust bunnies off of.....well ya know.....watch out for them spikes! :o

French-Maid-Costume.jpg