2009 - A great year for Def Leppard fans?!

Geoff

Is it just me, or has this been the best year for Def Leppard fans since the release of 'X'?

We have two amazing albums by Grand Design and Wildstreet which could both be lost Def Leppard albums circa 1989, PLUS we haven't had to endure anything new from the actual Def Leppard! :lol:

I know, I know, that's harsh. I've loved the band up until 'Yeah!' and 'Sparkle Shitface Residue on the Homosexual Lounge' but man those two albums have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Is it just me, or has this been the best year for Def Leppard fans since the release of 'X'?

We have two amazing albums by Grand Design and Wildstreet which could both be lost Def Leppard albums circa 1989, PLUS we haven't had to endure anything new from the actual Def Leppard! :lol:

I know, I know, that's harsh. I've loved the band up until 'Yeah!' and 'Sparkle Shitface Residue on the Homosexual Lounge' but man those two albums have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Plus X blew. What's that? Oh you like that disc? Oh sorry. :lol:

Seriously though(actually I was serious in the above statement as well :butt: ) the Wildstreet is very good and yeah it sounds like Hysteria ear DL but I still haven't heard the Grand Design yet.

Plus X blew. What's that? Oh you like that disc? Oh sorry. :lol:

Seriously though(actually I was serious in the above statement as well :butt: ) the Wildstreet is very good and yeah it sounds like Hysteria ear DL but I still haven't heard the Grand Design yet.

Grand Design's 'Time Elevation' sounds even more like Def Leppard 'Hysteria' era, if that's even possible.

It would've been a better year for DL fans had they split up and stopped diluting their great back catalogue with mediocre discs. Oh, and stopped playing live too - as they're a shadow of their former selves.

It would've been a better year for DL fans had they split up and stopped diluting their great back catalogue with mediocre discs. Oh, and stopped playing live too - as they're a shadow of their former selves.

No it would of been better if they would of brought Steve Clark back to life, found Rick Allen's other arm, showed Joe Elliot how to sing like he used to, Hired back Pete Willis and fired Phil Collen and Vivian "I hate Metal" Campbell. That would of been great IMO. :headbanger:

No it would of been better if they would of brought Steve Clark back to life, found Rick Allen's other arm, showed Joe Elliot how to sing like he used to, Hired back Pete Willis and fired Phil Collen and Vivian "I hate Metal" Campbell. That would of been great IMO. :headbanger:

:lol:

Maybe in 2010?

Maybe in 2010?

Yeah I wish it would happen 2010.

What I wouldn't give just to have Steve Clark to be alive.

Then again he would of quit Def Leppard by now since they've become lame and boring.

Maybe in 2010?

Then again he would of quit Def Leppard by now since they've become lame and boring.

Same is true of Cliff Burton. As soon as he heard some of the early demos for "Load" he would've gone joined a decent band.

Maybe in 2010?

Same is true of Cliff Burton. As soon as he heard some of the early demos for "Load" he would've gone joined a decent band.

:agree: If Cliff had lived that is no doubt,he would of flipped.

Maybe in 2010?

:agree: If Cliff had lived that is no doubt,he would of flipped.

James admitted as much in a recent interview in Metal Hammer.

He said that with Cliff in the band he would of helped him steer the sound back towards Metallica during the Load days. He said a lot of that especially the look and the photo shots and semen album covers came from Lars and Kirk.