Rush - Working Men

Nick C

A compilation of greatest hit's culled from their recent live albums, a best of the last few live albums in effect.

I don't know what to make of this release, if all truth be known it seems to be a bit of a rip off, and an insult to fans as it includes one unavailable elsewhere live track.

Much as I like the band I won't be buying this (having said that I haven't got the Snakes and Ladders live yet!).

I suppose on reflection it's just a greatest hit package with a different twist.

But maybe a new live disc or concert featuring the songs for the project may have been more acceptable...previously unreleased versions of the songs rather than ones readily available.

What do you folks think?

A compilation of greatest hit's culled from their recent live albums, a best of the last few live albums in effect.

I don't know what to make of this release, if all truth be known it seems to be a bit of a rip off, and an insult to fans as it includes one unavailable elsewhere live track.

Much as I like the band I won't be buying this (having said that I haven't got the Snakes and Ladders live yet!).

I suppose on reflection it's just a greatest hit package with a different twist.

But maybe a new live disc or concert featuring the songs for the project may have been more acceptable...previously unreleased versions of the songs rather than ones readily available.

What do you folks think?

I didn't even know anything about this until yesterday when I saw an add for it. I got a little excited at first, then after realising it was a compilation from recent live discs, the heart rate went down somewhat. I won't be getting it as I have the other live discs. I agree, it's a bit of a record company 'spin', but they're all up to it to some point, so why not Rush' aswell. Previously unreleased stuff would have been nice, but we have had a plethora of Rush live stuff over the years I suppose, including that lovely Hammersmith Odeon show from '78 that came with the 'Different Stages' set, plus all of the recent live stuff on the various DVD box sets

Nice artwork as usual though.