P90X home workout...Anyone try it?

Evil Rick

I've found myself watching the P90X fitness infomercials lately and have seriously been considering it. Now that the cold weather is here I can't get outside and run so I'm looking for a good program to do indoors. The only thing is I've heard this program is a real b*tch and I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it through the workout. Anyone here been using it? If so are you happy with it and is it a workout that a novice like me would be able to get through? Thanks!

Rick

• My Little Pony

I've never done a proper workout in my life until I tried P90X. It is a bitch, but it isn't impossible. That's really why it is a bitch, because you want to give up, but you know you can continue. It's designed around the use of bands or weights (I use bands, because you can adjust the tension, and the resistance is gorgeous) and body weights. I'd highly recommend it. And if that does convince you, check out some of the testimonials on youtube. They definitely inspired me. Peace.

Nolan

Thanks Nolan for the good advice. I really think I'm going to give this a shot. Obviously the cost involved with starting this would be a big motivating factor for me. Is there a good place to get the bands and pull up bar for a decent price? We'll see how it goes.

• 3 months later...

Wellll...I didn't exactly get going with the P90X home workout. I just couldn't see dropping the coin on all the equipment needed and then not using it (which is usually how it goes with me). I have, however, been doing the Beachbody Insanity workout which is put out by the same company and doesn't require any equipment. I just finished my first week and have dropped 3 lbs, I think mostly in sweat! Damn this is tough!! I would much rather be outside running but obviously I can't do that in the middle of winter so this seems like a good substitute until I can start getting outside again.