New Stage Dolls album due in 2009!

Geoff

Just saw this over at melodicrock.com:

http://www.stagedolls.com

Hi you all,

We're really proud to announce a total renewal of our web-site.

Hope you like it :)

We're right now busy working in the studio on the next album and

it's very promising so far. We've been doing tracks in both Trondheim,New York and San Diego California and Ronny Wikmark the producer has been head on coordinating all this stuff.

For you who remembers tracks like 'Still in Love' and 'Love don't bother me'

it's probably interesting to know that Darryl Tookes,Vaneese Thomas, Angela Clemmons and Mark Spiro are contributing on this forthcoming album.

That's all for now,enjoy the site and we hope to meet you all on tour later this year :)

Take care,

Stage Dolls

Awesome news. This is one release I dare say we can look forward to with some confidence.

I do like this band, but they really ought to be making better albums IMO. Their last was enjoyable enough, but it had no longevity and nowhere near enough killer songs. They've kinda gone nowhere throughout their career, and are more famed for the almost mystical rareity of "Commandos" (which, frankly, is no more than an average CD) than they are for the quality of their music. Big potential, never fulfilled, and I wouldn't buy this until I'd heard soundbytes...

Great news. I thought the last disc 'Get A Life' was a fantastic release to be honest and was one of my top discs of 2004. The S/T was also really really good, but I agree that the rest has been a little patchy in places. Anyway, if the new one is anywhere near as good as the last one, then I'll be a happy man.

Some bands really should call it a day, grow old gracefully and not bother - This being one fine example. Just stop it now.

That quote is Copyrighted - fuck off and get your own ;)

Some bands really should call it a day, grow old gracefully and not bother - This being one fine example. Just stop it now.

Yeah, I think we have a sore loser on our hands. ;) Poor widdle eyesy wisey. :(

As for Stage Dolls I agree with Tim that 'Get a life' was a little patchy, but my word did the good songs hit home. Some real gems on that one. I also agree their entire discography is patchy too, but the s/t disc is amazing and they always had enough good songs to make each album well worthwhile. A band I always had a soft spot for.

I can't wait... I LOVED the Get A Life CD

Yeah, I think we have a sore loser on our hands. ;) Poor widdle eyesy wisey. :(

As for Stage Dolls I agree with Tim that 'Get a life' was a little patchy, but my word did the good songs hit home. Some real gems on that one. I also agree their entire discography is patchy too, but the s/t disc is amazing and they always had enough good songs to make each album well worthwhile. A band I always had a soft spot for.

LOL....I knew it...I told you guys he would.Actually son...thanks to you I win a few cd's as long they pay up.Thanks!

I told you.....lololololol!!!!!!!!!!!Good stuff!!

You'll get the CDs from them, plus you'll get the special pat on the back trophy from me. ROFL, you just won everything! ZOMFG, what a day for you! Yaaaaay.

I can't wait... I LOVED the Get A Life CD

So did I ! Can't quite understand why it should have been "patchy" ...

I am with Jez (as usual) here. If it is as good as "Get A Life" then I am very happy.