H2, The Sequel to Rob Zombie's Halloween remake.. I can't wait

Dark Star

ROB ZOMBIE Completes Filming Most Demented 'Halloween' Ever - Apr. 11, 2009

Rob Zombie has finished shooting "H2", the sequel to his hit 2007 remake of "Halloween". He writes on his MySpace page, "Well, after 35 days of snow, freezing rain, fire ants, mud and blood we are done! The cast and crew kick ass beyond ass to bring you the most demented 'Halloween' ever! In less than five months Michael [Myers, the film's serial killer] will be back in your face!"

One of Michael's many faces from "H2" can be seen in the photo below.

Rob Zombie spoke with FangoriaOnline.com on Wednesday (April 8) about writing and directing "H2", which was shot near Atlanta, Georgia. Already controversial to fans is the revelation that serial killer Michael Myers spends nearly 75 percent of the movie not wearing his iconic mask. Zombie acknowledged that he's taking more creative liberties this time, saying, "This is not a remake of (1981's) 'Halloween II'; this is totally my thing, my story. After I made'Halloween', I was totally burned out. I said I'd never make a sequel. But after every record, every tour, I say the same thing."

Also returning for the sequel are actors Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Loomis, Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode, and Tyler Mane as Myers.

Zombie's wife, Sheri Moon Zombie, is also returning as Myers' mother, although the character died in the first film. Zombie hints that this has to do with the state of mind of main character Laurie Strode, explaining, "As Laurie is Michael's sister, I'm playing like he's clearly insane and so is she, but her insanity doesn't manifest itself in the same way ... She's slipping into insanity throughout the whole movie."

"H2" is due out on August 28, 2009.

Zombie's manager and producer, Andy Gould, told ShockTillYouDrop.com that the rocker-turned-director's next feature film will definitely be his boxer epic "Tyrannosaurus Rex". Although it was originally announced last year, Zombie put it aside to direct "H2".

Gould also said that Zombie was approached by "Seven" and "Zodiac" director David Fincher to helm a segment of Fincher's proposed relaunch of the animated "Heavy Metal" movies, but nothing has been officially confirmed.

3432352068_dfd7cabda2_o.jpg

OH Yea I wanna see this!!!! :tumbsup:

I don't like the sound of this:

Already controversial to fans is the revelation that serial killer Michael Myers spends nearly 75 percent of the movie not wearing his iconic mask.

Um...WTF? Great, it'll be like "Jason Goes To Hell" all over again, where Jason wasn't really Jason for three quarters of the movie.

I don't like the sound of this:

Already controversial to fans is the revelation that serial killer Michael Myers spends nearly 75 percent of the movie not wearing his iconic mask.

Um...WTF? Great, it'll be like "Jason Goes to Hell" all over again, where Jason wasn't really Jason for three quarters of the movie.

I liked Zombie's "reimagining" of the first Halloween, and I was looking forward to this sequel, but not having Myers wear the mask is a monumentally major misstep. Without the mask, he's just some lunatic going around killing people, and while normally that's perfectly acceptable to me in a horror movie, when I'm watching an entry in the Halloween franchise, I bring to the viewing experience certain expectations, one of them being that I expect to see Myers in a mask. I know Zombie is making "his own" film, but if you want to mess with a classic, you should at least have some respect for the lore/mythology/etc.; if you don't want to abide by the iconography of Halloween, then don't make a Halloween flick!!

• 3 weeks later...

From the trailer, it just looks like yet another one of Zombie's continuing series of white-trash slasher films. It's "Halloween" in name only.

I'll wait for DVD, or perhaps cable, thanks very much. :thppt:

From the trailer, it just looks like yet another one of Zombie's continuing series of white-trash slasher films. It's "Halloween" in name only.

I'll wait for DVD, or perhaps cable, thanks very much. :thppt:

And what's wrong with white trash slasher films?????? :tumbsup:

And what's wrong with white trash slasher films?????? :tumbsup:

Nothing at all but if you're gonna attach the "Halloween" name to it I'm gonna hold it to a higher standard...and Michael Myers better be wearing the f**king mask!!

• 3 years later...

Finally saw this... and it sucked!!

I liked it. But sometimes I think I'm the only horror fan in the world who did...

Mind you, I didn't hate Rob's first "Halloween" flick (didn't love it, but didn't hate it either)... but this one did nothin' for me. Slasher film fans wanna see slashing, not a study of the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder on the members of dysfunctional families, or whatever the hell Rob was trying to portray here.

I liked it. But sometimes I think I'm the only horror fan in the world who did...

Mind you, I didn't hate Rob's first "Halloween" flick (didn't love it, but didn't hate it either)... but this one did nothin' for me. Slasher film fans wanna see slashing, not a study of the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder on the members of dysfunctional families, or whatever the hell Rob was trying to portray here.

I like both of Zombie's "Halloween" reimaginings about the same. Funny you mention "slasher film fans wanna see slashing..." because I thought "Halloween 2" had plenty of slashing, most of it the brutal, graphic variety (that throat cutting/decapitation scene makes me wince every time). The whole dead mother with white horse psychic symbolism did nothing for me, but neither was I put off by it. Again, I know I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy this flick for its ruthless kills and decent body count. It's certainly a whole lot better than most of the sequels to the original "Halloween."