Gemini - Minnesota Metal

T-BONE

I've known these guys for about 20 years or so now. The band has continued in one form or another since 1978 or so when it was first formed and still playing proms. I met them in 1987 right after Lance King joined the band. They were the biggest and best in our area for a long time in the late 80's and early 90's. Eventually through the 90's all members that I originally knew had moved to other bands and only guitarist Rob Kruger remained and kept it going. In recent years, Rob has been a very busy guy running his sound equipment all over Minnesota and he's had little time for Gemini. Vocalist Kris Vox joined Hairball, drummer Erich Winter was playing with 7 Day Weekend and bassist John Lockner was running his music store. Little did I know, but there had been plans for former guitarist Roger Moore to return to the band after a long hiatus. He had been playing in his blues band called Mojo Jynx for a few years now.

Thursday April 9th 2009, Roger made his return to the band and he shred like no tomorrow. The show was a friggin BLAST to say the least. Rob came to the show and watched from the audience. I was hoping he'd get up there and play, but he was content sitting and watching. Rob and Roger were the guys to watch back in the day. In my opinion, there wasn't too many local guitarists that could touch them.

I'll post pics from the show later, but here's one of their videos from 1998 playing live at Boxers in Faribault.

Gemini - Peace Sells

Gemini - Machine Head

I'll upload More Human Than Human and Beautiful People later

Keep in mind, these guys have somewhat kept with the times in regards to music, so they really don't play alot of the stuff like on their first 2 CD's. Much of their live stuff sounds more like their 3rd CD, The Spiritual Dimensions Of Music. They play some 80's stuff from Dio, Metallica, Megadeth, Metal Church, Ozzy, and others, but most of the show is Godsmack, Powerman 5000, Zombie, Nickelback, Rage Against The Machine, etc...

This is a more current vid with Kris on vocals and Rob on guitar

Gemini - Barracuda

I've known these guys for about 20 years or so now. The band has continued in one form or another since 1978 or so when it was first formed and still playing proms. I met them in 1987 right after Lance King joined the band. They were the biggest and best in our area for a long time in the late 80's and early 90's. Eventually through the 90's all members that I originally knew had moved to other bands and only guitarist Rob Kruger remained and kept it going. In recent years, Rob has been a very busy guy running his sound equipment all over Minnesota and he's had little time for Gemini. Vocalist Kris Vox joined Hairball, drummer Erich Winter was playing with 7 Day Weekend and bassist John Lockner was running his music store. Little did I know, but there had been plans for former guitarist Roger Moore to return to the band after a long hiatus. He had been playing in his blues band called Mojo Jynx for a few years now.

Thursday April 9th 2009, Roger made his return to the band and he shred like no tomorrow. The show was a friggin BLAST to say the least. Rob came to the show and watched from the audience. I was hoping he'd get up there and play, but he was content sitting and watching. Rob and Roger were the guys to watch back in the day. In my opinion, there wasn't too many local guitarists that could touch them.

I'll post pics from the show later, but here's one of their videos from 1998 playing live at Boxers in Faribault.

Gemini - Peace Sells

Gemini - Machine Head

I'll upload More Human Than Human and Beautiful People later

Keep in mind, these guys have somewhat kept with the times in regards to music, so they really don't play alot of the stuff like on their first 2 CD's. Much of their live stuff sounds more like their 3rd CD, The Spiritual Dimensions Of Music. They play some 80's stuff from Dio, Metallica, Megadeth, Metal Church, Ozzy, and others, but most of the show is Godsmack, Powerman 5000, Zombie, Nickelback, Rage Against The Machine, etc...

This is a more current vid with Kris on vocals and Rob on guitar

Gemini - Barracuda

I also saw them a million times in my youth [only on my horny nights. Can anyone say "SideWalk Sale"? Gemini had GREAT SideWalk Sales!!]. And, as far as "hair" metal goes, their music and stage show both rank fourth for me, for the era. The SDoM completely sucked, imo. And, other than the King's Machine, I really lost interest in Lance's power metal after Gemini. I love these guys getting back together around here, as is the trend. But I would give my pinky to have the old scene [both the leather AND lace scenes] just miraculously reappear.

T-bone - have you ever heard of the thrash band, "Nitch"? They were comrades with Avalanch, Porcelain God, etc - the mid-90's thing. I had their disc, "Leave Me Alone" when they released it back then, lost it and forgot about the band entirely. Today I found it for a buck at Pawn America [W St P] and I was crazy happy! I thought I had re-collected all the great local stuff!!

• 1 year later...

Yes.... Wally and Jon from Avalanch are friends of mine. They have an AC/DC tribute band called T/N/T in the Twin Cities area. Damn good and very close to the real AC/DC both musically and vocally.

The vids aren't the best, but you can check them out here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tntacdctributeMN

For those on facebook one of my pictures sparked some talk about LANCE KING re-releasing the 1st 2 albums but remastered with new artwork. He says if he can get 200 serious buyers he'll do a 1,000 print run.

Heres the link with the comments on my facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=118647961540910&set=a.118647928207580.19934.100001871203370

I've got the s/t on cd but it's definitely seen better days. I'd be up for picking up the first 2 releases for sure! :headbanger:

The second release, "Out For Blood" is a pretty decent release. I actually got my copy from a guy who used to own the club called "The Blitz" in MN. Turns out this guy ended up being my boss in Las Vegas.

I've got the s/t on cd but it's definitely seen better days. I'd be up for picking up the first 2 releases for sure! :headbanger:

The second release, "Out For Blood" is a pretty decent release. I actually got my copy from a guy who used to own the club called "The Blitz" in MN. Turns out this guy ended up being my boss in Las Vegas.

That guy by chance wouldn't happen to be Charles Brennan would it?